Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mike Schmidt phillies games used bat

Curious what you guys think about this bat that recently sold on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121238428242

Re: Mike Schmidt phillies games used bat

It's fine, just in rough shape.- broken in two, pieces missing etc

I was mostly concerned with the authenticity. After doing some research I found a similar bat knob. It also was a 1983 from batch 195 with a large 20 with a small 32. Based on this 2nd pic would you be confident that this was game used? Secondly, what would you estimate a bat like this is worth?

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...-bat-knob.html

Looks like a legit Schmidt pro model Rawlings bat based on the stamping on the knob. MS20 is the model and lot and year numbers. The center labeling is from late 79-83. Looks like it's stamped 195 3 perhaps? Rawlings factory wrote in pen the weight of the bat which is 32 ounces.

I"m not a Schmidt expert so cannot comment on the use on the bat and whether if it's consistent with his bats.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I took the photo of the knob off the auction.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Thanks for the reply. I asked the seller and he told me it was 195 3. I believe 195 is the batch and the 3 represents 1983. Knowing this matches the bat knob card in my other post would you be confident in purchasing as game used? How much is a bat like this worth?

Just a little more evidence why I think it is the real deal. This psa certified schmidt gamer looks very similar

http://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbat...l.cfm?sku=5226

I told you it was fine but just in rough shape, that now looks to be used by Schmidt in 1983. Everything on it is fine. It was originally purchased with about 5 other gamers that all looked fine.

That being said, in the shape it's in, maybe $300-$375.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    I told you it was fine but just in rough shape, that now looks to be used by Schmidt in 1983. Everything on it is fine. It was originally purchased with about 5 other gamers that all looked fine.

Also, the seller is a member on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't 100% sure what you meant by "fine" this is my first ebay purchase and I heard a lot of horror stories about fakes. I did my research and found the two pics before purchasing, just wanted some more opinions (noob question I guess). I am a little surprised of your value estimate. I personally like beat up gear, so I don't mind the condition, since it is just for my personal collection and not for resale. I just wanted to know if the price I paid was fair (I guess I overpaid by $100ish). I'm a life long phillies fan and schmidt will always be my favorite. Thanks again I appreciate the response