Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Texas A&I Football Helmet

Thanks !!....i will just have to find something that i can photo match now !!

Re: Texas A&M Football Helmet

do you only collect a&m game worn items?i may have a game worn a&m from a bowl game in 2011 for you game used...
    Collecting Philadelphia Eagles items

I see someone mentioned James Mckeehan. It's not his helmet because I own it, so that at least crosses one off of your list.

I did not think it was James Mckeehan's helmet but thanks for letting me know !!

and i collect most football teams memorabilia but at the moment im not looking for anything else thanks

The helmet is authentic for sure. The numbers written near the earholes on the inside are locker numbers. I collect game used A&M helmets as well and this is a nice early 90's find.

Thanks for that information

so the players numbers were not written on the helmets ?

Ole Miss helmets are the same way. The locker number in inside the helmet and not their jersey number.

Claymore, contact me at bgakladd@aol.com and I will send some information that might help you. The Riddell Co. is in the same state I live in (Elyria, Ohio) and I have a phone number you can call to see if it helps on the number confusion. I saw you had a reconditioning sticker and usually the black numbers that is written near the ear hole is for reconditioning purposes at their plant when it is reconditioned. Your helmet looks like it was used between 1989-1990 season. The Schutt facemask letters HHI are for the 1989 year on the facemask and a 1990 reconditioned sticker you have shown clearly indicates it was sent back to Riddell and reconditioned for the upcoming 1990 season. An underlined number in most cases indicates the player that wore it, that part is usually done at the university. I believe the ear hole numbers written inside are done at the Riddell plant in Elyria, quite possibly the person(s) responsible for inspecting it. This is the way our local high school helmets are done too when sent thru a local sporting goods store and sent back to Riddell for reconditioning. They come back with number markings such as yours does when they arrive.

1990 Texas A&M roster has Mark Barry #78. Photo of Barry on the sidelines but the helmet is hard to pick up. The game listed is 1990 against Texas. Youtube is: Texas vs. Aggy 1990 Video time is shown. I would think it is safe to say it is Barry's helmet.
    Attached Images Attached Images