Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: no chance this Manny ramirez jersey was worn

I wonder if the seller is just using the title for key words. I notice a large amount of sellers doing the same thing.

Good grief - - thought I was joining this forum to get an education. Think I was better off listening to the wife rag. Sounds like Jake has the week off this week and missed out on the sale.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flambini@aol.com View Post
    Good grief - - thought I was joining this forum to get an education. Think I was better off listening to the wife rag. Sounds like Jake has the week off this week and missed out on the sale.

Cheers.
    You are. This is the crap that happens in the hobby! Jake is correct and pointing out a shady issue. Noobs should stick with listening to their wife rag!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flambini@aol.com View Post

Cheers.
    Funny that you probably joined AFTER reading the thread
    Are you the eBay seller?

No, I did not have the week off of work. Missed out on what sale?

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    No, I did not have the week off of work. Missed out on what sale?
    He's referring to the rays' sale where he bought the manny jersey for $100.

This seller relisted this issued Ramirez jersey with a new lower price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Manny-R...1#ht_172wt_997

This statement he makes in the listing is incorrect. I deem the phrase "with the team" in the literal sense. He was not physically in Chicago.

"He was with the team for 2 road games on April 7th and 8th 2011"

I believe that is shady and misleading to prospective buyers. When the seller is directly asked, he will admit that the jersey is issued and not worn. So really this guy is going out of his way to be misleading within the listing and I think that tells me a lot about the quality of person he is and you can form your own opinion on that.

Wow, this is something else. I will let you guys decide your opinion on this guy and his mildly bitter words.

Factually speaking though let me just make these comments.

1) In reference to the listing number 271337262174, the jersey was authenticated as issued, as it was not authenticated on the date the jersey was worn. I stated that in the lsiting and not sure what the problem is with that. The jersey clearly showed use and the buyer was pleased with it. Furthermore, I have an email form the Rays stating the same thing, prior to me purchasing the jersey. I notified th ebuyer of this and he did not have any problem with that. So when it states in the listing "how does this fool have any idea the jersey was worn", that is how I have an "idea." -- More than anything, his claim I suspect is to try to throw mud on the situation.

2) I do appreciate that I am refered to as a 'scoundrel' though. I am not sure what the reasoning is, but I do like the sound of it.

3) The last claim of me wanting it from fanfest. That is incorrect. I buy items long before the Rays hold their annual fan fest, and for you to "beat me to all the good stuff this year." Considering I was buying from the team and having access to their list of game used items since 2010, I am not sure how that statement applies. This most likely is the reason the road grey Ramirez jerseys were available for purchase an not the 3 other styles.

4) I collect Rays items and no matter what I will call something out of any item NOT being legitimate. I emailed other seller on ebay selling a Rays game used item, but of the wrong player in the listing. The seller appolgized and editied the listing right away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Manny-R...#ht_564wt_1127
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Report the auction to ebay Jake.

I did, but I am sure it will take 2 days or so for ebay to get around to doing anything about it.