Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tanaka goes to the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I'm completely with you on this one. He's getting $155 and his former team is getting $20. That's $175 over 7 years paid out by the Yankees (or $25 million per year). Why not put that kind of money towards David Price??? He's a former Cy Young Award winner and arguably cheaper?!!
    There really isn't much out there in the free agent market. It was rumored that they were going to use Brett Gardner as a trade piece with a prospect(Mason Williams or Gary Sanchez) to get a pitcher but it never happened.

I think the only pitchers out there are innings eaters like Bronson Arroyo type pitchers

Supposedly David Price has stated he never wants to play for the Yankees because he does not want to shave his beard but I think money talks haha http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1269757

Quote Originally Posted by GameUsedGR61 View Post
    There really isn't much out there in the free agent market. It was rumored that they were going to use Brett Gardner as a trade piece with a prospect(Mason Williams or Gary Sanchez) to get a pitcher but it never happened.

I think the only pitchers out there are innings eaters like Bronson Arroyo type pitchers

Supposedly David Price has stated he never wants to play for the Yankees because he does not want to shave his beard but I think money talks haha http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1269757
    I personally would have signed Santana to a 3 year deal at 13 mil a year and call it a day. Would have saved money on other players.

No need to spend that much money on someone that has zero experience pitching in the US. Way too much risk. Sometimes you just have to learn to walk away. I don't blame the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

4. My prediction - he will step in as number 1 starter and next thing you know, his gamers will be UNTOUCHABLE. I guess I will stick with game used baseballs from his first game.
    I hope you are right. Sabathia is pitching more like a #2 starter now. Still think the Yanks need one more SP.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Over 1300 innings and he is only 24. Have at it New York

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    I personally would have signed Santana to a 3 year deal at 13 mil a year and call it a day. Would have saved money on other players.

No need to spend that much money on someone that has zero experience pitching in the US. Way too much risk. Sometimes you just have to learn to walk away. I don't blame the other teams.
    If you are talking about Ervin Santana, apparently the Yankees have no interest in him. They were saying on Yankees Hot Stove, which is a show that talks about Yankees signings..etc, that Santana would cost the yankees a draft pick and that he was a phil hughes type pitcher who gives up a lot of HRs. His last three starts at Yankee stadium, yankees batted .343/.427/.557 against him.

Honestly i think they want to start building their minor league system and they signed Tanaka to get fans into the stadium.