Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

no chance this Manny ramirez jersey was worn

I was in Chicago at the Rays team hotel in April of 2011, Manny Ramirez was not with the team and he did not dress for either game on that road trip. The team knew of the news prior to the road trip and Ramirez notified the team he would retire. This jersey is not game used or worn by Manny Ramirez whatsoever.

I wish this junk would get out of the hobby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Manny-R...1#ht_172wt_980

Re: no chance this Manny ramirez jersey was worn

I sent this email:

I was in Chicago at the Rays team hotel in April of 2011, Manny Ramirez was not with the team and he did not dress for either game on that road trip. The team knew of the news prior to the road trip and Ramirez notified the team he would retire. This jersey is not game used whatsoever.

And got this reply from the seller:

Hey Jake 33, before going on your beloved guu. Read the description. It specifically states he did not play in either. game. Therefore obviously it is not game used genius. Anybody with half a brain can hit up baseball almanac and see that. Weather he was with the team or not is your opinion and irrelevant. It's a team issued jersey no question and states that in the description.

---------------------------------

Keep in mind the title of this auction as of 9:20 central time on 12/25/13 is
    "2011 Manny Ramirez game used worn Rays Road Jersey RED SOx"
    Also, the jersey is listed in the "GAME USED MEMORABILIA" category. It would bet anything or anyone in my life it was not game used or worn by Manny Ramirez for a MLB game.

FYI, this jersey was originally purchased for $100, if you go after this jersey, keep in mind what that original purchase price was.

To me that is misleading and not totally a accurate depiction of the item.

So that really honest buyer who is selling that issued Manny Ramirez jersey, is trying to accuse me through an email that I was incorrect in selling a game issued Alex Torres Rays jersey.

That jersey was authenticated not on the date of the game, so it was deemed as issued, however I was able tog et a COA from the rays stating it was indeed worn in the ALDS game 2 in Boston.

The seller of the Ramirez jersey seems to think that he is threatening me to say I sold a bogus item.... which is from this email he sent me below

"Dude, politely recant your statements on GUU or I am going to do the same to you about the Torres jersey. Take it down tonight..."

I am not going to be threatened by that claim, and on top of it, that jersey was authenticated and I over delivered to that buyer the COA, and on top of it that jersey sold for $100 and the buyer was getting that jersey just to wear for himself, not for a piece of memorabilia. Regardless of all of that, that jersey was indeed worn. And regardless of that fact as well, that buyer was happy with his purchase on a jersey that was not sold in malice or greed to flip an item, but rather was sold for a loss.

It appears the seller now has the item properly listed. The seller does pose a good question, did you contact him prior to posting this on the board? That is the correct protocol, no?

Yes, I contacted him before posting here.

Got this email from him today....

"Like I said. take down your post. I could care less if you called your buyer same way it is not for you to slander me and my business on GUU. You unprovokingly attack me. If it is not down today with a repost clearing my name you and GUU will be receiving a letter from my attorney. "

I stand by everything I said and I 100% know that jersey was not worn by Manny Ramirez in a MLB road game involving the Tampa Bay Rays. I will pay anyone on this planet $400 cash and I will drive to you house and give it to you, if anyone can find an AUTHENTIC photo of Manny Ramirez wearing a road grey Tampa Bay Rays jersey in MLB. It never happened. I would bet my life and my entire families life on it, since I was there in person in Chicago at the team hotel and was there for all of batting practice and I know that Ramirez never even made the flight to Chicago in April 2011. The team equipment manager even verified this to me.

Also, considering slander is defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc. -- Slander is spoken, libel is acutally written defamation. This seller does not even have his blackmailed empty threat in the right cateogry.

The seller, now apparently pretty bitter, sent this response and wants me to post it, I assume he hoping for people to point the finger at me. I will always hold myself accountable, so that is fine if people have an issue. In an attempt to have a defense mechanism he is electing to go after a listing I had where I had a jersey that was deemed as "issued". Below is the link, this jersye also came with a Rays issued COA stating it was indeed worn by Alex. The buyer didn't have an issue with the jersey at all and left postive feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tampa-Bay-Ra...4#ht_79wt_1127

Below is the response he wanted me to post on here. I like the enthusiasm he brings and that he calls me "tough guy". i would prefer if he refered to me as obnoxious or even a prick. Get some original distaste or genuine flare. The sarcastic "tough guy" term is a little over used.

I contacted him and did not get a fast enough response, even with his responses, it doesn't change the fact that Ramirez never wore this jersey.

"Manny retired on 4/8/2011. He was with the team for 2 road games on April 7th and 8th 2011, however he did not play in either of these games.."

"You will bet he did not wear it in a game." Great. That is what I wrote in the description. You talk of doing the right thing, then why don't you copy and paste this email and my description from ebay in GUU. Also, copy and paste your exact description from your Torres jersey in GUU as well. Let the forum decide who's is misleading and who's is not. Go ahead tough guy. Put this in. You never mention this Phantom Team LOA that states the day it was worn. If you had a team letter, why wasn't it in the description. Cmon tough guy, put this in and our descriptions in GUU, because if you don' t I will. Also, don't forget to put this email in with it to let the forum know I requested you to do this. Also, let them know you never let me respond to your XMAS night rant before attacking me and my product on GUU. Please put this email and copies of both of our descriptions in. Let the fellas have at you.

- Side note, I find it tacky to use the term "XMAS" - please keep the Christ in Christmas.

Cool Re: no chance this Manny ramirez jersey was worn

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    Side note, I find it tacky to use the term "XMAS" - please keep the Christ in Christmas.
    Actually Jake, the "x" in X-mas comes from the 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet "x" pronounced "Chi"and is the first letter in the Greek work for Christ. Therefore, X-Mas actually is keeping the Christ in Christmas. Just an FYI, back to the problematic Ramirez.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

"Chi" and Christ are two different things though.
    I thought CHI stood for the MLB abbreviation for Chicago.

Wasn't there a thread on this jersey a while back?? Same type of thing, someone selling it as a gamer, someone else pointing out it couldn't be? Am I suffering from deja vu again??

Ken