Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

Any time, I'm glad to help any way I can. I have a decently large collection of Canseco magazines and pictures.

I also just noticed that Mark from Canseconet.com is the high bidder on the ball right now. Is he a member here?

-Jason M

the jersey does look good, but I can't say for sure if its a world series jersey. too much of a gamble to take, plus the 20% fee. the problem with framing is, they sometimes use glue to keep the jersey in place. I know a few friends that took the jersey out of the frame, and saw that the glue had stained the jersey. it is possible that Jose wore 2 home jerseys, you never know. maybe we should ask Jose. the person that is selling the ball is a fellow named Jim. he takes care of all of Jose's game used stuff. he has sold a few stuff on ebay, and on his site. I've bought 4 game used jerseys, plus a few other stuff from Jose and Jim. the ball is legit. thanks Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM33 View Post
    Any time, I'm glad to help any way I can. I have a decently large collection of Canseco magazines and pictures.

I also just noticed that Mark from Canseconet.com is the high bidder on the ball right now. Is he a member here?

-Jason M
    I'm not sure if he is a member; can't say I've seen him on the forum.

Thanks for the info about the seller, mailman93.

Joe

Banned

Sorry I havent posted earlier but I was on vacation. This first home run ball is legit !! I have seen it in person and the ball is exactly the one Jose had in his sports room. Now, with respect to the 88 WS jersey......In 1988 Jose got 2 home and 2 road at the beginning of the year. As the year went on they got either stolen or given away little by little until Vucinich (eqpt mgr) ordered another set of one each. After that, all of Jose's jerseys came without set/year tags until the post season. I saw that Dan has one 1988 and I have one road 1988 World Series jersey. I know that there is another set out there that might surface and maybe this is one of them. I need to know that tagging information to make sure. I have emailed the seller but has not responded. I hope i have been of assistance.

thanks,
    Juan Iglesias
    Iglesias Sports Mgmt.

GrndSlm@aol.com

Thanks Juan. It's great that you share your knowledgeso much.

I'd love to see a picture of your 88 World Series jersey sometime.

-Jason M

Hey Juan, thanks for the info. I didn't see the 1988 world series jersey on your list, that you emailed me awhile back. I'm curious what other game used jerseys you have? thanks again Dan

Juan, also want to thank you for the info. It's great to have someone of your knowledge on the forum. Since mailman93 asked first, first dibs, but I'd definitely be interested if you're selling any Canseco equipment, whether it be bats, balls, jerseys, gloves from his Oakland days.

Cheers,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by CansecoPower33 View Post
    Juan, also want to thank you for the info. It's great to have someone of your knowledge on the forum. Since mailman93 asked first, first dibs, but I'd definitely be interested if you're selling any Canseco equipment, whether it be bats, balls, jerseys, gloves from his Oakland days.

Cheers,

Joe
    He he, I call 3rd in line.

-Jason M

The auction for the Canseco first home run ball has ended. Anyone know what happened there? I'll contact the seller after work, just checking if anyone knows why it was pulled. He stated that he would not end the auction early - guess he went back on that.

Thanks

Joe

Jim (the seller) got back to me and explained that the ball has been sold for an offer Jose couldn't refuse. It's a real shame - I was hoping someone here was going to come up with it. I've asked for an inventory of other Canseco items he has available. I'll keep you posted.