Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

that sucks, I was very interested in the ball. oh well, I guess I should of put an offer in. I asked about a price Jose wanted for the ball, but Jim said he would let the auction run. I'm curious what the offer was? maybe next time

Interesting. I wonder what the offer was.

I'd also love to know what Jose has left in his collection. I've seen the 40/40 display on his site. Hmmmmmmmm.

-Jason M

Well I'll let you know what the inventory is. Hopefully he gets back to me tonight. It's disappointing that he let the auction end as I'm sure the ball would have fetched good money anyway; there was enough interested. Wonder who bought it and what's going to happen with it. My guess is Mark Petrillo bought it.

The 88 jersey went for $2,400 to a floor bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by CansecoPower33 View Post
    Well I'll let you know what the inventory is. Hopefully he gets back to me tonight.
    Thanks! I'd really appreciate that.

jmeekins33@qwest.net

Just curious, what is more valuable to the Canseco collectors - his 1st home run ball or a World Series jersey?

Thanks,
    Dave

For me, his first home run ball would have more meaning than pretty much any World Series jersey. Of all the World Series jerseys I'd have to put the grey road jersey he wore in Game One of the 1988 World Series at the top, his first World Series appearance, his first career grand slam, all capping off his MVP year - all with that beautiful white elephant patch on the sleeve. Between that jersey and the first home run ball - it's impossible to say. Missing out on the ball is tough to swallow.

Personally I favor jerseys over baseballs even historic ones like the 1st HR ball. Signatures on baseballs can sometimes fade drastically over time. I also think jerseys look more impressive in a collection. With that said, a World Series jersey is at the top of my wish list. I hope to have on in my collection some day. That's my 2 cents worth.

-Jason M

personally, i'd rather have his W.S. jersey. i've never had much affinity for historic balls in general. for that matter, i'd rather have his 1990 BP jersey than his 1st HR ball. but hey, that's me.

anyway, while we're on the topic, here are canseco's 2 other W.S. road jerseys. 1990 on top, 1989 on bottom.

rudy.

Whoa! Where'd you get those pictures? That 89 Road WS jersey is my holy grail.

- Jason M