Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

I think it all depends what you collect. I prefer jerseys . I would rather have the world series jersey, which I have the home 1988 . the ball would of been nice, I just don't like how he said he wouldn't end the auction and then he did. oh well, what can you do.

I was bidding on that 89 world series jersey awhile ago. it was at $3000 and i said no way Jose. way too much for my liking. I think the 1990 ws jersey went for $2500 a few years ago. they do go for alot. it all depends what you think its worth.

I'd go to that price for a World Series jersey, especially the 1988.

those prices were in major auction houses, that price is minus the hammer fee plus eveything else. I paid alot less for my 1988 world series jersey, and my 2000 road yankees world series jersey. plus I didn't have to pay anything extra. I have a question,either a world series jersey or a rookie jersey of Canseco? my choice is the rookie jersey. if you guys want to check out my jerseys, just go to webshots.com and look under LEAFS93. thanks Dan

WOW!! If ever you're selling, please let me know. Your collection is simply amazing.

thanks alot. it took me years to build up that collection. I have 2 more on the way. I picked up the home and road blue jays jersey. so I have the trio with the home, away, and the alternate. I live in Toronto, so those jerseys are alittle special for me. thanks Dan

those pics were from my photo library. both look like really nice shirts.

it's a curious thing how canseco gamers still fetch a substantial price despite the steroid admissions and how his career turned out.

dan, i take it you didn't bid on the '88 WS shirt on ebay? do you think canseco used 2 home jerseys during the '88 series? (on webshots you've got a road jersey labeled as a 1991 but the flag tag seems to read 1990.)which of the shirts on webshots were obtained directly from canseco?

when choosing between jerseys, the most important point for me is the amount of use. i'd take a regular season gamer that's hammered over a jersey that was used for only 3 or 4 world series games. (as far as i know, the a's took their regular season jerseys into the world series in '88, '89, and '90 so most of those a's world series gamers should also show considerable use from the regular season which is a nice bonus.)
    to answer the WS vs rookie gamer question, i'd take whichever one showed more use. if there was a regular season gamer of his that was more heavily used than either the rookie jersey or WS gamer, then i'd take the regular season one. if the WS shirt and the rookie shirt showed equal use, i'd take the WS shirt. ideally i want a shirt from the pinnacle of an athlete's career and canseco was bigger in 1989 than he was in 1986. (no steroid pun intended).

rudy.

Hey Rudy, I didn't bid on the 88 world series jersey on ebay. I didn't like how its framed, also you cant see the tagging. another thing i noticed was the inscription on the jersey. its say 1988 game jersey, and then he puts all the things he did that year. he put 88 world series at the end. I was thinking if it was a world series jersey, Jose would put 1988 world series game jersey. its werid. the jersey looks good, but i don't think its a world series jersey. on my webshots, the road jersey is 1991. the tag is set 1 1991. I also got the pants. I've gotten 4 jerseys from Jose. I got the road rookie uniform, TBTC rangers uniform, alternate blue jays uniform , and a home white sox. I also picked the blue jays dugout jersey from him. I also love jerseys that show alot of wear, sometimes its tough to find on baseball gamers. you make some good points Rudy. some of his jerseys still comand alot, its very werid. thanks Dan

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    those pics were from my photo library. both look like really nice shirts.

it's a curious thing how canseco gamers still fetch a substantial price despite the steroid admissions and how his career turned out.
    Thanks for posting the pics. I sure hope another 89 World Series jersey shows up on the market some day. I'd kill for one.

Why are Jose's gamers still desirable? Well, speaking for myself, I still love Canseco. He's my favorite player and always will be. Steroids or no steroids. I was involved in bodybuilding for a while so I knew Jose was on something even back in the day. It never bothered me. I'll stop there because steroids and Jose's book is a debate for another thread.

Canseco was an exciting player with an interesting personality as well.
    He did things I'd never seen anyone do before and he did it all with style. That's something that's severly lacking in todays game in my opinion. I just wish he didn't have back problems because they limited his playing time so much. Jose's statistics per 162 games compare favorably with the best players in baseball history. All he needed to do was play.

Continuing to collect Canseco's stuff is a fun hobby for me that reminds me of more interesting time in sports history. Plus, not everyone is after his stuff so my collection is somewhat unique. I'm rambling, sorry guys. I'm just amazed to find more dedicated Canseco fans out there.

-Jason M

Quote Originally Posted by mailman93 View Post
    Hey Rudy, I didn't bid on the 88 world series jersey on ebay. I didn't like how its framed, also you cant see the tagging. another thing i noticed was the inscription on the jersey. its say 1988 game jersey, and then he puts all the things he did that year. he put 88 world series at the end. I was thinking if it was a world series jersey, Jose would put 1988 world series game jersey. its werid. the jersey looks good, but i don't think its a world series jersey. on my webshots, the road jersey is 1991. the tag is set 1 1991. I also got the pants. I've gotten 4 jerseys from Jose. I got the road rookie uniform, TBTC rangers uniform, alternate blue jays uniform , and a home white sox. I also picked the blue jays dugout jersey from him. I also love jerseys that show alot of wear, sometimes its tough to find on baseball gamers. you make some good points Rudy. some of his jerseys still comand alot, its very werid. thanks Dan
    I agree with you 100% on that WS jersey. I didn't like that it was framed but it was the inscription that really gave me pause.

By the way, I saw your jerseys on webshots a bit ago. wow, you're my hero. I'll post some pics of my humble collection soon.

-Jason M