Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonM33
    • Oct 2006

Re: Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

mailman93 - Now I feel lucky. I have a Canseco game used helmet in my collection. I'd love to get a Canseco fielders glove someday. Tough to find.

CansecoPower33 - You are right my friend........Bat speed.

-Jason M

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

Jason M,

Can you tell me what issue of sports illustrated hass the pciture of canseco's 1st HR ball?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

• JasonM33
        • Oct 2006

Hi Dave,

My problem is that I cut out the articles and made sort of a scrapbook. I'm trying to remember which one it waas but it's been so long ago that I bought the magazine. The article is called "Kiss that one goodbye" by Ron Firmrite. Great article. I'll try and figure out which one it was. It seems like it would have been around June because at the time of the article Canseco hd 19 HRs and 66 RBI.

-Jason M

Comment

• JasonM33
          • Oct 2006

Sorry for the double post. It was probably the June 9th issue with Larry Bird on the cover. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the one.

-Jason

Comment

• Canseco44
            • Dec 2006

I am the seller of the Canseco 1989 World Series 3rd Game Bat. I too would love to see a photo match of the exact at bat that he hit it in. The bat is authenticated by PSA/DNA as the bat he used to hit the 3-run homerun with in game 3 of the 1989 World Series and the Auto is faded a bit but in person it is very clear. I have looked at a couple of World Series cards and it does appear to be the same bat as far as marks on it, but if someone could come up with a closeup of it I would appreciate it. Then I would either sell it or cry over a fake bat. But I do believe it is the real thing. Taube must have done his research on it to authenticate it. When I sent the 400th HR bat to him it graded a game used 10 and was authenticated but after he grilled me with questions about it for 15 minutes. He almost wouldn't authenticate it because he was curious why it wasn't signed. If anyone can help, please let me know. Hey Dan, are you the one on the Fan page of Jose's website with me and my daughter?

Todd
            Todd Ricks
            www.freewebs.com/canseco44
            Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
            Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• JasonM33
              • Oct 2006

O.K.,

So how can we get some clear pics from game three. The only one I've seen is from his first at bat where he got thrown at.

-Jason M

Comment

• mailman93
                • Nov 2005

Hey Todd, ya thats me on his site. thats the game used rookie uniform I bought from him back in 2004. thanks Dan

Comment

• CollectGU
                  • Nov 2005

Just an FYI to all the Canseco collectors, I ended up making the deal and purchasing the Canseco 1st HR ball and will be consigning it into American Memorabilia's February auction. I am open to offers and will be pull it from the auction for the right offer. If interested in making an offer, my e-mail is djob0001@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
                  Dave

Comment

• CansecoPower33
                    • Oct 2006

Another 2 90 Canseco "gamer" on ebay right now. Funny that this is the second that I have seen located in Buffalo within the last few months. The jersey has dirt stains on the shoulders and back.

I'm going to assume this is yet another of these scoreboard jerseys.

Comment

• Canseco44
                      • Dec 2006

Hey, I heard the deal on the Canseco 1st Homerun ball was made for $2000.00? I just bought his 400th HR ball from him. It is a great addition to my collection since I also own the 400th HR bat. If anyone has any leads to anything to do with his 400th HR let me know. I will buy or trade. If anyone would like to see the 400th Bat go to PSA/DNA.com and type in D62731 under the certification number. If anyone has any historic items of Canseco I would love to see them. Send photos to spideyman79@yahoo.com I also have for sale a Rawlings game bat that Jose ordered to use when he played for the Long Beach Armada this summer. It is likely the last bat ever ordered in Jose's professional career. If anyone would like to see it, please email me and I will send some pics. It comes with a COA from the GBL commissioner.

Todd Ricks
                      Todd Ricks
                      Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• mailman93
                        • Nov 2005

wow, $2000 for the ball. thats going to be hard to make a profit off that price. no wonder Jose took the offer. anybody hear make an offer for ball yet? Hey Todd, who told you about the price of the ball? thanks Dan

Comment

• Canseco44
                          • Dec 2006

That's confidential, but I would like to know if it is true. Also, does anyone notice that on all the Scoreboard jersey's and ball the autograph looks excactly the same. It also to me doesn't look to be a real one. It looks like someone practiced his auto over and over and got it close, but it is signed the exact same way every time. You would think after signing that many items it would vary at least a little, but everyone I have seen and even the one I once owned looked exactly the same. I can pick out a Scoreboard auto from other Canseco auto's. Has anyone else noticed this?

Todd Ricks
                          Todd Ricks
                          Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• JasonM33
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by CansecoPower33
                            Another 2 90 Canseco "gamer" on ebay right now. Funny that this is the second that I have seen located in Buffalo within the last few months. The jersey has dirt stains on the shoulders and back.

I'm going to assume this is yet another of these scoreboard jerseys.
                            I wouldn't mind getting one of these Score Board jerseys for my collection until I can get my hands on an Oakland A' gamer. This one is out since it has dirt stains on it. I wonder who did that and when? I hate to accuse people but it almost had to be done on purpose to make it look like the real deal. Some odd stuff about the Score Board Canseco jereys that I posted in another thread.

1. Some are signed in blue and others in black. Weird.

2. I'm not convinced that the size 50 is accurate. I've only seen him wear size 46 and 48, even later on in his career when he had gotten pretty big.

3. Do they have the added 2 inches of length? I can't tell from the pics?

-Jason

Comment

• JasonM33
                              • Oct 2006

Whoa! Speaking of Ebay finds, I just came across item #230068854656. It's an autograph card The weird thing is that the picture isn't of Jose. It's actually Osvaldo. Now that's funny.

-Jason

Comment

• kingjammy24
                                • Nov 2005

it's up again:

rudy.

Comment

Working...