Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

hey guys, ive been a huge canseco fan since 88. i am seriously considering bidding on this jersey. i am not a big baseball jersey guy, so i need opinions as to the authenticty. thanks!!!

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/100...dZ1#la-image-2

Re: Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

It looks good to me. I have a 1988 Canseco world series jersey in my collection. too bad they don't have pics of the tagging. I'm not a big fan of it being framed, and the 20% hammer fee. thanks Dan

it's extremely difficult if not impossible to analyze a jersey that's framed as you can't see the tagging or the back. the truth about this jersey can only be realized once you take it out of the frame.

i've seen dan's 1988 canseco home WS jersey. gentlemen, i have to believe that canseco only used 1 home jersey during the 1988 WS.

given that dan has one, i'd be nervous about bidding on this one. i do like the inscription that this one has. either way it's a crapshoot. if you win it, then i'd say that either you or dan have the home jersey canseco wore in the 1988 world series. the interesting question is which one will it be.

perhaps juan iglesias can share his insight into this matter.

rudy.

I saw this jersey too and I wanted to bid on it. The 20% buyers premium hurts. I asked about the tagging lst week and I didn't get a response. I was thinking that he only had one home 88 World Series jersey. Unless the first one got dirty and they didn't have time to wash it for the next game.

I also took note of the fact that Canseco signed it 88 game jersey and not 88 world series game jersey. The 88 world series is listed at the bottom and could just be a list of accomplishments and not neccisarily meaning that this is the actual world Series gamer. It's pretty easy to slap a World Series patch on a jersey. I'm not saying it is real and I'm not saying it isn't. Ijust have my suspicions.

There seems to be a lot of Canseco fans here. We should compare notes on our collections.

Holler at me fellas

jmeekins33@qwest.net

did you guys see his first ever homerun ball from 1985? please critique:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jose-Cansecos-Fi...QQcmdZViewItem

That's the real deal. I've seen a picture of it in a 1986 issue of Sports Illustrated.

Very cool.

-Jason

I'd imagine they'll not send you any additional photos because it's consigned to an auction house. I too would be put off by the the lack of jocktag pictures, and now learning that mailman93 has another home gamer from the 88 Series.

My apologies for double posting (I don't see an edit option) - about the Canseco ball, it's being sold on behalf of Jose?

From the seller (acgwebman):

"I am selling this for Jose and he would like to leave the ball for the full auction. Let me know if you have further questions. THX Jim"

Has anyone ever known Jose to sell through others on ebay? Strange considering he has his own store on josecanseco.com. Jason, you have the SI issue with the ball featured? If you do, and it's not too much trouble, could you possibly post pictures? Thanks.

It's a small pic but here it is. Great article by the way.

Thanks Jason. Very much appreciated.