Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

02 Manning on Ebay

Just curious what other people think. The sleeves on this jersey look way too small.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-PEYTON-MANN...QQcmdZViewItem

I was looking at photos of manning from 2002 and look at the sleeves on this jersey
    http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...=1716773&cdi=0

I understand it is a different color, but for a quarterback's jersey they look way too small. It almost looks like an authentic jersey with a year tag sewn in. I'm not making any accusations, I'm just curious if anyone else agrees with me, because this is the second one from this seller that I have seen, and I don't feel comfortable bidding on it if it is not real.

Re: 02 Manning on Ebay

you forgot one more thing .....
    the colts wears 50th anniv patch on left shoulder during 2002 season and this is game worn, where is the patch ??

marcus

Here's a shot of the patch which appeared on all of their regular season home and away jerseys in 2002

Here is a shot of the sleeve length

Can anyone find pics of Peyton wearing shorter sleeves in 2002?

Banned

I have looked at every picture I can find from 2002 season, and none of them have a short sleeve length. Also, upon re-reading the auction description, he says "REMNANTS OF WHERE 50TH ANNIVERSARY PATCH WAS IS EVIDENT AND WAS REMOVED" Now why would anyone ever remove a 50th anniversary patch from a Peyton Manning jersey? This does not make sense either.

Jersey appears to have had "cuffed" sleeves at one point, which were removed and re-sewn to look open. With that, there is not enough length to the sleeves...if Manning was to put this jersey on, would the sleeves hang the same way as they do of him in the photo? No. Moreover, compare the length of material on the sleeves after the #'s from the jersey being offered vs. the photo of Manning...not a match...

p.s....I have seen several sellers trying to sell game wor or issued jerseys on EBAY, were the sleeves don't look right....i.e..."cuffed" at one point, removed, and re-sewn to looked open....

Quote Originally Posted by gujerseylover
    I have looked at every picture I can find from 2002 season, and none of them have a short sleeve length. Also, upon re-reading the auction description, he says "REMNANTS OF WHERE 50TH ANNIVERSARY PATCH WAS IS EVIDENT AND WAS REMOVED" Now why would anyone ever remove a 50th anniversary patch from a Peyton Manning jersey? This does not make sense either.
    We have seen many examples of this. In other threads we have spoken extensively about Yankees Steiner selling 1997 game used jerseys with the Jackie Robinson patch removed.

Eric

Banned

Since, the owner of PSI is Bernie Gernay, and he is an expert listed on this website, maybe he can shed some light in how he authenticated and is selling these Colts jerseys? I just can't believe there has been no response.

Thanks for inquiring. These Colts jerseys came from the team last year. In fact, every item we obtain comes from either the team (equipment managers) or players. It is impossible to photomatch every jersey you see according to sleeve length, tail length, etc. and because you can't, doesn't necessarily mean the item is not authentic which I'm sure many of you know already. When we received these Colts jerseys it was an option to put the 50th patches on them but doing so would not make them in the original condition in which we received them. If anyone has additional questions please feel free to contact me at BJGERNAY@aol.com

Banned

Thank you for the reply, Bernie, very professional.

Happy Holidays!

Bernie et al,
    Actually, the great part about an NFL season is the fact that because the season is a mere 16 games, you actually can photomatch every jersey. So without further adieu, I present to you every single game of 2002 in which Peyton Manning wore a blue jersey. Bernie, seeing as how this is photo-proof of every single 2002 game, in which of these exactly did Peyton wear short sleeves?

Rudy.