Thanks for the nice words Dave Miedema.

In preparation for the Divisional Playoff Game, that few think the Saints can win, I present a "Bring the Wood" team bat issued during the 2009 season for the game against the New York Jets.

Both teams were 3 - 0 entering the game and Mark Sanchez was the highly touted rookie QB out of USC starting for the Jets. Mark had won 3 Rookie of the Week awards coming into the game, but his luck would not last as the Saints brought some major defensive wood.

At the start of the 2nd quarter, Sanchez threw a 99 yard pick six to Darren Sharper and just 5 minutes later, he was strip sacked in the end zone by Remi Ayodele for another defensive touchdown. By the end of the day, Mark had thrown 3 interceptions and the Jets had lost a fumble. The Saints sacked Sanchez 4 times and were well on their way to their first ever Super Bowl win!!!

Drew Brees did not throw any touchdowns but the Saints running attack accounted for 153 yards and the Saints won the game 24-10. I still remember watching this game and all I can say is that the Saints need to bring this same ferocity to Seattle tomorrow.

Enjoy,
Bob

Game Worn 2011 Vilma Jersey Saints Jersey and Game Issue 2004 Vilma Jets Rookie Jersey.
Name:  Vilma Bat.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  322.1 KB

Name:  Saints Bat.jpg
Views: 1493
Size:  263.0 KB
Name:  Bring The Wood.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  200.5 KB

Scuff on the end of the bat and the company used by Saints.
Name:  Bat Skuff.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  116.1 KBName:  Company.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  133.6 KB