Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: NO Saints Collectors Show Off Your Stuff!

More on the Brees Cleats i just posted...

First I tried to get as much info from the Seller, he stated :

"purchased the cleats on Monday, June 16, 2014 at a charity golf outing called the Kovan Classic"
    "all he knew was that a former Detroit Lion donated them"
    "I sent them to PSA/DNA for verification"

Which was good info, but didnt get me any closer to figuring out what game they were worn in.
    So if you look at the auction listing, you'll see a photo of the Cleats Sample tags that say the FA12, or 2012 Football Season...

Trying to figure out what game they are from, first I figured out how many games Brees wore this style cleats in 2012..7 games + Preseason games...

Then because of the Dirt/Grass, stuck in the bottom of the cleats tried to eliminate the games played on Artificial Turf...

So eliminating Artificial Turf Fields becuase of the Dirt on the cleats..Down to 3 games, vs Raiders, Bucs and Packers during 2012...

Then, I wondered if i could figure out what type of grass was stuck under the cleats, and if it was say Bermuda grass, etc be able to eliminate another game before looking for photomatches...

So then I contacted a Turf expert, Jerad at GrowingInnovations.com...
    I asked if I sent a sample to someone could they help me identify the type of grass or field, and I provided the ebay listing and explained what I was trying to do.
    Maybe 10 minutes later, he emails a reply and says, Do you see those bright green pieces sticking out of one of the cleats?

"looks like there is a piece of green synthetic from a Desso grassmaster field. Grass won't be green still like that still as it will be decaying." -Jerad

I am unfamiliar with Desso Grassmaster, but its Wikipedia identifies it as a part Synthetic, and part natural type of turf where both are there.

AND that it is used at three NFL Stadiums, Broncos, Eagles, and Packers..
    Packers being the only time Brees wore these cleats in 2012.
    So with this unique combination of Synthetic and natural turf stuck to the Bottom of one of these Brees cleats (you can zoom in and see the green synthetic piece better on the ebay listing) the game has been narrowed down to one game.

Then i went to google images and tried to find the best photos from that game as possible to compare..

First image i tried to compare the creases of the heels of the cleats,
    then looked for a comparison to the soiling of the outer sides of both cleats,
    and the front.
    I dont think these are 100% photomatches or anything...
    But if this may be the only game they could have been worn in due to the grass, I think the images compare favorably and dont show anything to rule out that these are the same cleats....

Saints lost the game, But Brees had 3 Touchdowns and Tied Unitas Consecutive Touchdown Record that game.
    Attached Images Attached Images