Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: January 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

I am Personal friends with Blake Dewitt. I got a call last week from him that said hey I'm in town swing by the house I have a few things for you. not thinking it was anything major I go by and visit with him and catchup on everything with him.

he then pulls his Equipment bag out for me full of gear for me.

I am a Die Hard Cubs fan so when he got traded to the Cubs I was excited for a friend to go play for the team I grew up loving and hating at the same time lol

So I have just about all his Jerseys, Batting Helmets and Bats

here is the list of what he gave me attached in image

two equipment bags-one Wilson and other major league equipment bag
    his Triple A Iowa cubs Game used hat
    major league Coat
    all undershirts to go along with all my jerseys (numbered from each year #9 and #11 on the bottom)
    a few pair of shorts (some still with Tags on them lol)

I dont usually bug him for anything but he offered so I took up his offer

But I am still Looking for a Dewitt Dodger Gamer for my personal collection. He said the dodgers took the majority of his to sale or Make cards out of.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

*Sorry dont know why it posted front of pickup post*

I am Personal friends with Blake Dewitt. I got a call last week from him that said hey I'm in town swing by the house I have a few things for you. not thinking it was anything major I go by and visit with him and catchup on everything with him.

he then pulls his Equipment bag out for me full of gear for me.

I am a Die Hard Cubs fan so when he got traded to the Cubs I was excited for a friend to go play for the team I grew up loving and hating at the same time lol

So I have just about all his Jerseys, Batting Helmets and Bats

here is the list of what he gave me attached in image

two equipment bags-one Wilson and other major league equipment bag
    his Triple A Iowa cubs Game used hat
    major league Coat
    all undershirts to go along with all my jerseys (numbered from each year #9 and #11 on the bottom)
    a few pair of shorts (some still with Tags on them lol)

I dont usually bug him for anything but he offered so I took up his offer

But I am still Looking for a Dewitt Dodger Gamer for my personal collection. He said the dodgers took the majority of his to sale or Make cards out of.

Excited about the first addition of the new year. Was able to pick up Curtis Granderson's game used Yankees helmet from the last part of this season. It is MLB Authenticated and I was already able to find a photo match on the back of the helmet thanks to a white marking. I need to pick up a MLB.TV subscription to get a couple photo matches from September 26 versus the Rays as it was from Mo's final home game and Granderson was just one of three Yankees to get a hit that day, and he added a stolen base.

Also, Steiner was really good about working on a fair price and have to give them credit.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

That randy moss jersey is one of my grails. The one nfl game used jersey I'm
    Looking for. So awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

This was a HUGE pickup for me - by far my biggest yet. Matt Carpenter's 2013 home World Series jersey. Being new-ish to the hobby, I don't know what the tagging means yet, but I believe the +1S on the tag indicates an extra inch on the sleeve (noted on the inside tag). Does the S7 '13 mean it's from the 7th series of jerseys from 2013? Just a guess, but I'd love to hear details. I think I've read here before that WS jerseys are often reg. season jerseys with the WS patch sewn on, so I'm wondering if that happened here. I don't have MLB.tv, so no photo match from there, though I'm going to look through Google images. Anyway, sorry for the bad pictures, but I don't have anywhere safe to put it down to photograph at the moment (pets) and was too excited to wait and vacuum!

My friend finally came through with a Kolten Wong bat for me. He dropped it off at my house last night. It's a KW16 model so I am assuming that it is his MLB bat. It's not game used but it's just fine with me. I am so happy with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dude that bat is awesome! I wonder why he went from a signature bat to a block letter bat in 2013? Looks good though!

I managed to pickup a really early Kolten Wong bat. This is the type of bat he used in the Cape Cod League back in 2010 before he was drafted....
    Name:  Wong 2010 2.JPG
Views: 1085
Size:  129.6 KB

Name:  Wong 2010 1.JPG
Views: 1197
Size:  208.3 KB

Name:  Wong 2010 6.JPG
Views: 1034
Size:  87.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jlengeli View Post
    This was a HUGE pickup for me - by far my biggest yet. Matt Carpenter's 2013 home World Series jersey. Being new-ish to the hobby, I don't know what the tagging means yet, but I believe the +1S on the tag indicates an extra inch on the sleeve (noted on the inside tag). Does the S7 '13 mean it's from the 7th series of jerseys from 2013? Just a guess, but I'd love to hear details. I think I've read here before that WS jerseys are often reg. season jerseys with the WS patch sewn on, so I'm wondering if that happened here. I don't have MLB.tv, so no photo match from there, though I'm going to look through Google images. Anyway, sorry for the bad pictures, but I don't have anywhere safe to put it down to photograph at the moment (pets) and was too excited to wait and vacuum!

Nice Jersey! In the past, the Cardinals have just stitched a World Series patch on the regular season jerseys. In 2013 they issued a new set just for the World Series (notice the lack of chain-stitched names on the bottom of the WS jerseys). One exception to this was Yadier Molina, who chose to continue wearing his regular season jersey.

In most cases the jerseys with postseason patches are the regular season jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by jlengeli View Post

Great pickup! Thats a very nice birthday present for sure!