Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Chicago White Sox Soxfest

I think they do need to change that portion of Soxfest. It would give us fans a better experience versus the one we are experiencing now. The one were we are waiting very long hrs in line, then the bum rushing once the doors open. Reminds me of some end of the world type stuff. When people are grabbing everything they can out of the grocery store. Lol.. Ok, maybe not that bad. Maybe its just tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by 35th&Shields View Post
    I think they do need to change that portion of Soxfest. It would give us fans a better experience versus the one we are experiencing now. The one were we are waiting very long hrs in line, then the bum rushing once the doors open. Reminds me of some end of the world type stuff. When people are grabbing everything they can out of the grocery store. Lol.. Ok, maybe not that bad. Maybe its just tradition?
    I agree and I wrote about this when I completed the Soxfest survey. Maybe if more people write to them, they will listen?

Does anyone know who is in charge of GU merchandise sale for the Sox? Maybe we can also send suggestions to whomever is responsible for it.

I'm not sure who the equipment manager is or who's in charge of the festivities at SoxFest or how it all that breaks down. I know when dealing with White Sox Charities Stacy Tsihlopoulos is the main cotact there. I think? Havnt purchased anything since this past summer.

I'ts probably alot more complicated than we think. I think the inventory of actual game used jerseys is all over the place with the Sox organization. You got Set 1's with tons of use, set 2's with none, then a set 6 with decent wear?? Somebody has to start keeping track of all this. A couple years back I was a at a garage sale and came across a blank issued 1997 blk alt jersey.
    Whaatt?

I guess to keep it simple just auction off actual game used equipment after every season. If they have any gamers from past season that show use throw some of them in there as well. Who knows? Maybe I'm just wasting my breath.

I'd discourage anyone from complaining about the Garage Sale. It is perfect? Absolutely not. But auctioning items is not a good alternative. The stuff the Sox sell in auctions online or at games usually goes for more, sometimes much more, than it's worth. Be glad the Sox provide an opportunity to buy game-used stuff three times a year. How many other teams do that?

Yea like the tigers, they auction off everything, even used pens and markers players used lol what a joke

Ill agree about the online auctioning. That is awhole different beast in itself. Way overpriced.

Yeah garage sales are exciting to look forward to. No doubt about that. I wouldnt go as far as and canceling them out through the year. I mean players use so much equipment and jerseys knit, CB, tbtc and others along with bats helmets hats etc... The Sox can afford to change the format a little bit. The pricing now a days varies at the sales regardless. Just like a live auction. Some stuff bids high and others bid low. At least at a live auction you know who your up against. Not like ebay where at the last sec somebody snipes you and you lose out or end up paying that extra you hoped you didnt have too.

All im sayin is switch it up alittle bit.

i was really looking forward to adding a sox garcia gamer but who knows maybe one will show up on the market soon. $300 still seemed high considering I only pad half that for a tigers jerseys but i still would have jumped on it. Not sure I would pony up to much more than that. I would like to see the sox cheat off the cardinals a little bit with the silent auction and maybe a live auction as well. Be nice to have a crack at a konerko for under $1500. I still remember that griffey jersey being at the soxfest garage sale for many years before it sold. I still wonder what the final purchase price was of that. Last years I feel was more resonable. i got about several bats for $50. Alexei, Viciedo and Beckham. Not sure whats with the jump on the Viciedo this year. Dunn was $300 on friday and bumped down to $250 the rest of the weekend. I paid $125 the year before. didnt seem like they sold many jerseys or bats this year so maybe some of those prices will drop at the next clubhouse sale.

The prices have varied wildly from sale to sale, often without rhyme or reason, for years. If you want something bad enough, you'll pay the price, which, remember, goes to White Sox Charities. Again, I don't think it would be desirable for most collectors to see 'em use an auction format. Then the best stuff will go mostly to the people with the most money. The current format rewards collectors who are willing to wait in line. I've been able to buy some amazing stuff over the years that I wouldn't have been able to afford if it was auctioned.

FYI, there were a handful of Griffey jerseys on the rack at SoxFest 2009. Only one was game used. I was able to buy it at a discount late Sunday.

I feel you on your points SalukiDave, and I doubt my 2 cents will influence that multi million dollar franchise on the southside. I wouldnt doubt if change is coming though. Not because of our discussion here. But more so due to the fact that this hobby is alot popular now then back in the day. The day when you could pick up plenty of solid pieces at a fair price and make a nice flip. Its always a hobby to us, but now it has turned into another avenue of cash for these franchises. There a sports team but a business first. I also wouldnt doubt since we have another fraudulent franchise in terms of selling there bogus memorabilia. Teams start to tighten down how they go about selling there GU. How many times do we pick up a handful of jerseys then thumb through them and realize its not even used. But yet they want me the buyer to make that call and pay for sometimes what is overpriced? Thats kinda of a loose way of doing business. But yeah, like you said, you can definitely find some gems that way. Thats the funnest part right there for me along with doing research on the web. Ill always buy Sox gamers regardless, and im sure we vould go back and forth. When you mentioned your AJ chest protector I think in another thread. I remember we had actually met one time. You mentioned wsiting at a garage sale too. Nice pick up on the Griffey! Hear you have a hell of a collection too! Thats Awesome! Go Sox!

Anyone else on this forum going this year? I will be there all 3 days.