Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you consider this a solid photo match?

Disclaimer: I would post pictures if I even knew where to start, so instead I will explain what I am seeing.(I will email if requested though!)

I recently bought a 2011 Retro Rickie Weeks jersey(with the stars stars next to the MLB logo signifying that he was an All Star) that was authenticated as game issued. The seller believed it was actually game used and I decided to buy it at a price where I felt like I got a decent deal regardless.

I went to MLB Videos because Weeks hit an inside the park home run during the game he wore this style. The video gave me some incredible close ups and views that I took screenshots of.
    After very close inspection EVERYTHING on the jersey lines up to be EXACTLY the same. The jersey being pin stripped helped a lot as you could see the lines disappeared behind the letters in the exact same place on both jerseys which leads me to comfortably say they are in fact the same jersey.

I'm no photo matching expert so I'm just curious what other people think.

If anyone would like some photos to inspect I'd be happy to email them to you as any help is appreciated.

(And thanks to the seller!)

Re: Would you consider this a solid photo match?

Pinstripes make it very easy to photomatch. We'd probably need to see photos of the matches to tell for sure, but if the stripes match up perfectly then you have a match.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Would you consider this a solid photo match?

Ask us to help with a photo match...but don't post any photos...brilliant.

Just one thing to note is in my game photos they don't show the yellow around the letters very well so some things might look off...you kind of have to pretend it is there.

Banned

Not the same jersey. Look at the inside of the 2 on the front. There's white jersey showing between the tackle twill and 1st pinstripe on his, but your pinstripe is touching the tackle twill. Lots of other spots where your pinstripes are about an inch farther left. Very similar, but not the same jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    Ask us to help with a photo match...but don't post any photos...brilliant.
    I was more asking if it is an acceptable way to photo match as I have little experience photo matching without loose string, stains etc.

The "E" in the game photo image shows a gap between the "E" and the line, but on your jersey, there isn't a gap; it's right on the line.

The middle line of the "E" on the game photo image shows it right on the line, but on your jersey, it crosses over the line.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Thank you guys for the help, but both of you guys are missing the yellow border. It shows up looking white in my photos. If you look closely you will see on the blue is truly showing due to poor quality.

If you factor in the yellow border both of the problems you two mentioned are non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Thank you guys for the help, but both of you guys are missing the yellow border. It shows up looking white in my photos. If you look closely you will see on the blue is truly showing due to poor quality.

If you factor in the yellow border both of the problems you two mentioned are non existent.
    *Only the blue is showing due to poor quality