Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: $50 for anyone who can photomatch my 1996 Alex Rodriguez Home Run #15 (20th career) Bat

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    It looks like he hit is 15th of the year off of Erik Hanson in Toronto on June 25th, 1996. Besides checking the Seattle papers, you could try Toronto as well. Just ask for any A-Rod photos from this specific day. Good luck!

Chris
    Chris and everyone else...thanks for the comments and help. Will let you know if I get lucky.

Regards, Tony

Re: $50 for anyone who can photomatch my 1996 Alex Rodriguez Home Run #15 (20th career) Bat

It is not a photo, but I just had luck getting a game on DVD from the Devil Rays. I contacted them trying to get game footage of Canseco's 400th Homerun on April 14, 1999. Not only did they respond the same day, they are burning me a DVD for free. You might try contacting either one of the teams about a video of that game. You might could get a match from the video. Hope it helps. Just go to their website and there is usually a link to video or archives.

Todd Ricks

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post
    It is not a photo, but I just had luck getting a game on DVD from the Devil Rays. I contacted them trying to get game footage of Canseco's 400th Homerun on April 14, 1999. Not only did they respond the same day, they are burning me a DVD for free. You might try contacting either one of the teams about a video of that game. You might could get a match from the video. Hope it helps. Just go to their website and there is usually a link to video or archives.

Todd Ricks
    Todd, thanks! Hey, did you see the ebay auciton with the Canseco Rookie Game Used Bat, jersey, etc. for only $650? No bids. Any good?

Yes I did and would love to have it. Only problem is NO Dinero. I just spent my money on a game used 2000 World Series Canseco Bat, 2000 World Series Batting Gloves, and his game issued 1999 All Star Jersey. Have you checked out any of the teams websites yet?

Todd Ricks

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post
    Yes I did and would love to have it. Only problem is NO Dinero. I just spent my money on a game used 2000 World Series Canseco Bat, 2000 World Series Batting Gloves, and his game issued 1999 All Star Jersey. Have you checked out any of the teams websites yet?

Todd Ricks
    I just emailed Seattle and Toronto, so I'll wait and see what happens. I'm all for photomatching. Many that I see in this forum, are tough. I think when you have to look so hard to convince yourself it's a match, most likely it's not.

My favorite photomatches in this forum was a Viking Jersey pounded with mud and use and a quarterbacks jersey that had blood on the front. Both photomatched beautifully.

3arod13...did you contact the Toronto Star, Sun, Globe and Mail etc.? If you have trouble, pls let me know. I grew up in Toronto and just moved West. I have a great group of buddies that collect game used baseball items and live downtown that would reach out to the photo editors of the various papers if you need?

chris
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    3arod13...did you contact the Toronto Star, Sun, Globe and Mail etc.? If you have trouble, pls let me know. I grew up in Toronto and just moved West. I have a great group of buddies that collect game used baseball items and live downtown that would reach out to the photo editors of the various papers if you need?

chris
    Chris,

I contacted the Blue Jays and here's the response. I just need to find those links/websites/points of contact and go from there.

Your best bet are the major Toronto dailies and their paid photo archives.

Our team photographer here limits his shotting almost exclusively to our own players.

Start with the Star and / or the Sun...and move on to the Globe & Mail and the Canadian Press if need be

Godd luck!

Will Hill
    Director, Guest Services & Fan Experience Toronto Blue Jays & Rogers Centre
    Direct: 416 341-1552
    Mobile: 416 564-1834
    Email: will.hill@bluejays.com

3arod13 - Good luck with north of the border. I tried for 2 weeks to get a video copy of a Yanks/Jays game from this year and got shut out. The Jays told me to call Rogers Sportsnet snice it was their video. Rogers told me that the Jays owned the video and I needed to get it from them.

Who's on first, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    3arod13 - Good luck with north of the border. I tried for 2 weeks to get a video copy of a Yanks/Jays game from this year and got shut out. The Jays told me to call Rogers Sportsnet snice it was their video. Rogers told me that the Jays owned the video and I needed to get it from them.

Who's on first, eh?
    I emailed the Toronato Star, Sun, and Globe & Mail requesting pictures, video, newpaper from that game, etc.

Will keep you posted if I have any luck. I can definately use the $50 finders fee (lol)

hey arod the item's are good and it's funny i guess because i'm a new seller old buyer, but new seller. that people are hesitant to buy but there are 26 watcher's. i guess they think if no one bid's the price will go down, but the only place it will go is back down in my collection. i listed it for less than i paid for it. i'm just trying to sell some item's to finish my daughters 65 mustang for her. it's her senior year, so she's getting impatiant. just thought i would mention as i was reading this thread.