Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Who cares about that guy anymore - I wish people stop talking about that clown...

I still find it strange that nobody in the media is mentioning the milestone bonuses in A-Rod's contract. If he hits 6 or 7 more HR's to catch Mays, that's worth millions, I understand. And more is in the contract if he should catch Ruth. If the Yankees tried to pay him off and not play him in 2015, wouldn't he have a new possible complaint about being denied a shot at those bonuses? I'm glad I'm not having to face those administrative decisions. This story is far from over.

Remember the "Hank Aaron in 2013" thread we started in June, regarding his visit to Columbia, SC Aaron said those who used "shortcuts" would lose out in the end, versus those who didn't rely on "shortcuts." The crowd enthusiastically endorsed his statements.

Basically we do know when they started using PED's. Both Bonds and Clemens had careers that would have been worthy of the HOF before any allegations were made of their drug use. Both have been investigated thoroughly, in fact they were charged with crimes related to PED use and were subject to criminal trials. You can't be more thoroughly investigated than that. If there is no evidence of a player using drugs before a certain point, or at all, we should give them the benefit of the doubt. You'll never "know" for sure whether anyone in sports might have used a drug. So by that standard you can suspicion anyone about anything. We don't "know" for sure any friend or acquaintance of ours isn't secretly a mass murderer. Most people use common sense. If there isn't good evidence pointing to something we don't accuse people of it.

I heard the same argument about McGwire. People said Mark McGwire would have had a career worthy of the HOF before any allegations were made of his drug use.
    Now we find out he used them his entire career.

Next argument please.

My bottom line is if they used PED's at anytime during their career it calls into question their entire career.

Unbelievable! As an Arod and baseball fan, this makes me sick!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bosch-r...7331--mlb.html
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Rodriguez sent Bosch a text during a spring training game in April 2012 after he had three RBIs.
    "Really good. Explosive," Rodriguez wrote.
    "Go with same protocol," Bosch replied.

But some people claim PED's dont help.

Not to fuel the fire but I don't understand the suspension verses a lifetime ban. Pete Rose was banned as well as the 8 members of the 1919 Black Sox however steroid users are suspended which is saying if you cheat via PEDs to affect the outcome a game it's only a minor offense.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Rodriguez sent Bosch a text during a spring training game in April 2012 after he had three RBIs.
    "Really good. Explosive," Rodriguez wrote.
    "Go with same protocol," Bosch replied.

But some people claim PED's dont help.
    I think it is really important to know what you are talking about, what type of PEDs. Some players getting caught for PEDs are using very minor drugs for injuries like Ryan Braun. He took them for an injury and had little effect on how well he did...it just kept him healthy...things like mouth melts and lozenges.

This A-Rod PED use is for some serious results and some high end drugs...what he is doing is sickening. People like Bonds and A-Rod should be banned forever.

You really believe that Braun just took PED's to get healthy and it had no effect on his power numbers?