Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Not a fan of "off the field" hoopla ... I am a fan of the Yankees on the field and that's it....

With that said --- Where is the "innocent until proven guilty" clause?

If I am a stranger to the sport and just walking into this situation - I would say, a lot of people are in cahoot with this mess.

Either way, losing $25 million after making over a quarter of billion of dollars, it is NOT a big deal.

Comment

• EricTheRed44
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by marino13
      Not a fan of "off the field" hoopla ... I am a fan of the Yankees on the field and that's it....

With that said --- Where is the "innocent until proven guilty" clause?

If I am a stranger to the sport and just walking into this situation - I would say, a lot of people are in cahoot with this mess.

Either way, losing $25 million after making over a quarter of billion of dollars, it is NOT a big deal.
      He admitted to using before because the penalty wasnt there...
      And as an MLB rep stated, Alex is the only guy not to take the stand to defend himself. Seems about as damning to me as it gets. Did you watch the interview last night??? The text messages that MLB linked to his phone?

If thats not enough for you then I dont know what you need to see, Alex shoot up in front of you?

Comment

• marino13
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by EricTheRed44
        And as an MLB rep stated, Alex is the only guy not to take the stand to defend himself. Seems about as damning to me as it gets. Did you watch the interview last night??? The text messages that MLB linked to his phone?

If thats not enough for you then I dont know what you need to see, Alex shoot up in front of you?

I could care less about what happened ...

from what I can see ... the union threw him under the bus ... MLB is a joke ... if anything, it is a personal vendetta from Bud ....

what happened to the rest of the so called guilty list?

And here I thought --- only politics and crooked system has .... "Guilty until proven otherwise" mentality.

Comment

• marino13
          • Feb 2010

Another thing, I will admit this much ... FANS are the stupid ones here! I am one of those!

NO ONE IS CLEAN ever.

They only clean because they havent been caught!

Just like .... It is only cheating when you get caught! or better yet...

"You aint speeding, if you didnt get a speeding ticket." Being pulled over for speeding and being let go with a warning - IT NEVER HAPPENs

Comment

• marino13
            • Feb 2010

And ... what credibility does a snitch has?

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

He lied from one and ran to other and then... being a rat to protect his own and that is that.

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
                • Dec 2013

The way he went about denying it was horrible. I think the punishment for any PED's or the like should be a full season the first time (and voids contract). Second time banned for life with no chances of returning. I've never liked cheaters and unlike a lot of people, I love sitting down to watch a 4 hour game that ends with the score 2-1...
                Those would be too extreme. Maybe not if every PED user was A-Rod or Bonds types...but there not.

I do wish they made a mandatory clause where if you get caught TWICE the contract can be voided.

Comment

• yanks12025
                  • Jan 2006

I don't know how anyone can support or be a fan of arod anymore. The guy is nothing but a low life lier and cheater and should have been kicked out of baseball for good. I hope the Yankees release him and no team signs him.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                    • Oct 2005

Check me if I'm wrong, but if this case actually went to court, wouldn't AROD have to get on the stand, under oath, and fully describe his PED use?? Does anyone think he's actually going to do that?

Ken

Comment

• EricTheRed44
                      • Jan 2012

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

He lied from one and ran to other and then... being a rat to protect his own and that is that.
                      The guy is a scum and a snitch, sure. But the text messages are pretty damning. Also, the everyone cheats thing is so tiring. A lot of people did cheat and I'm sure a number of them still do, but to say all players cheat is beyond idiotic. A few players out there still have some ounce of dignity left.

Comment

• EricTheRed44
                        • Jan 2012

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

The snitch label is juvenile. If no one snitched everyone would get away with everything. ALSO, who in their right mind trust a dirty doctor???

You have to know that when it goes bad and you're AROD, that you are his out! If you're some minor league player or some .230 hitter who rides the bench, you may be safe. But when the Feds show up and bust the doc, you have to know you're nailed.

Comment

• EricTheRed44
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                          Check me if I'm wrong, but if this case actually went to court, wouldn't AROD have to get on the stand, under oath, and fully describe his PED use?? Does anyone think he's actually going to do that?

Ken
                          I believe AROD just passed on whatever process MLB went through. In the interview they said he was the only player to ever pass and not plead his innocence. I didnt read the link someone posted, but I'm sure thats full of interesting facts.

Comment

• Roady
                            • Jun 2012

The way he went about denying it was horrible. I think the punishment for any PED's or the like should be a full season the first time (and voids contract). Second time banned for life with no chances of returning. I've never liked cheaters and unlike a lot of people, I love sitting down to watch a 4 hour game that ends with the score 2-1...
                            +1

Comment

• marino13
                              • Feb 2010

The guy is a scum and a snitch, sure. But the text messages are pretty damning. Also, the everyone cheats thing is so tiring. A lot of people did cheat and I'm sure a number of them still do, but to say all players cheat is beyond idiotic. A few players out there still have some ounce of dignity left.

Why have dignity since the might dollar is being rewarded to those who cheat?

and oh, those so called dignity and playing clean --- they all out of a job or they are in the minor league for 20 years!

Like I said before - I blame the fans (myself included) for creating this monster. If no one go to game, and no collectors picking up the next gamer, there will be no cheaters!

Comment

• Roady
                                • Jun 2012

You can blame yourself all you want. Don't blame me though.

I didn't cheat. I didn't put a price on my dignity. I didn't lie. I didn't stick a needle in my body. I didn't take an illegal drug.

Don't you dare blame me for what another man does.
                                I didn't know these guys were cheating.

I was raised when a mans word was his bond. When a handshake was more important than a contract.

Maybe you were raised in a time or area where everyone has an excuse for the things they do wrong. I wasn't. I was raised that actions have consequences and that if you did something wrong you took responsibility for it. You didn't blame others.

So you blame yourself all you want. But don't blame me for another mans actions.

Comment

Working...