Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    And ... what credibility does a snitch has?

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

He lied from one and ran to other and then... being a rat to protect his own and that is that.
    The snitch label is juvenile. If no one snitched everyone would get away with everything. ALSO, who in their right mind trust a dirty doctor???

You have to know that when it goes bad and you're AROD, that you are his out! If you're some minor league player or some .230 hitter who rides the bench, you may be safe. But when the Feds show up and bust the doc, you have to know you're nailed.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Check me if I'm wrong, but if this case actually went to court, wouldn't AROD have to get on the stand, under oath, and fully describe his PED use?? Does anyone think he's actually going to do that?

Ken
    I believe AROD just passed on whatever process MLB went through. In the interview they said he was the only player to ever pass and not plead his innocence. I didnt read the link someone posted, but I'm sure thats full of interesting facts.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    The way he went about denying it was horrible. I think the punishment for any PED's or the like should be a full season the first time (and voids contract). Second time banned for life with no chances of returning. I've never liked cheaters and unlike a lot of people, I love sitting down to watch a 4 hour game that ends with the score 2-1...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    The guy is a scum and a snitch, sure. But the text messages are pretty damning. Also, the everyone cheats thing is so tiring. A lot of people did cheat and I'm sure a number of them still do, but to say all players cheat is beyond idiotic. A few players out there still have some ounce of dignity left.

Why have dignity since the might dollar is being rewarded to those who cheat?

and oh, those so called dignity and playing clean --- they all out of a job or they are in the minor league for 20 years!

Like I said before - I blame the fans (myself included) for creating this monster. If no one go to game, and no collectors picking up the next gamer, there will be no cheaters!

You can blame yourself all you want. Don't blame me though.

I didn't cheat. I didn't put a price on my dignity. I didn't lie. I didn't stick a needle in my body. I didn't take an illegal drug.

Don't you dare blame me for what another man does.
    I didn't know these guys were cheating.

I was raised when a mans word was his bond. When a handshake was more important than a contract.

Maybe you were raised in a time or area where everyone has an excuse for the things they do wrong. I wasn't. I was raised that actions have consequences and that if you did something wrong you took responsibility for it. You didn't blame others.

So you blame yourself all you want. But don't blame me for another mans actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    You can blame yourself all you want. Don't blame me though.

I didn't cheat. I didn't put a price on my dignity. I didn't lie. I didn't stick a needle in my body. I didn't take an illegal drug.

Don't you dare blame me for what another man does.
    I didn't know these guys were cheating.

I was raised when a mans word was his bond. When a handshake was more important than a contract.

Maybe you were raised in a time or area where everyone has an excuse for the things they do wrong. I wasn't. I was raised that actions have consequences and that if you did something wrong you took responsibility for it. You didn't blame others.

So you blame yourself all you want. But don't blame me for another mans actions.

This should be a credo for all athletes .... wishful thinking!

Better yet, this should works really well in politics also.

(What a joke!)

This should be a credo for all athletes .... wishful thinking!

Better yet, this should works really well in politics also.

(What a joke!)
    It may be a joke to you but for anyone with any self respect it's not.

So they cheat and you give them an excuse by blaming everyone else?

That is the some messed up thinking right there.

You choose to do what you do. They were free to say no.

And we wonder what is wrong with society today.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    It may be a joke to you but for anyone with any self respect it's not.

So they cheat and you give them an excuse by blaming everyone else?

That is the some messed up thinking right there.

You choose to do what you do. They were free to say no.

And we wonder what is wrong with society today.

If it is NOT a joke ... please explain how Melky and Peralta - both suspended for cheating, got BIG bonus contract right after they came back from suspension?

If it is NOT a joke ... please explain how Melky and Peralta - both suspended for cheating, got BIG bonus contract right after they came back from suspension?
    I don't own the teams. I don't make decisions on who to hire. I don't sign the contracts. I don't pay the players.

Ask the Blue Jays and Cardinals why they signed known cheaters and rewarded them.

I wouldn't have signed either of them, ever.

The fans didn't have a say so in those signings. The fans didn't petition the teams to sign them. The fans were not part of the negotiations.

You can only blame the players for cheating and the clubs for signing them.

Many teams are taking a stance against this. The Diamondbacks for example won't even consider a player that has tested positive or has a previous suspension - even in the Minor Leagues.

I like the idea that has been discussed of fining teams that sign known users after a suspension if that player fails another test.