Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Not to fuel the fire but I don't understand the suspension verses a lifetime ban. Pete Rose was banned as well as the 8 members of the 1919 Black Sox however steroid users are suspended which is saying if you cheat via PEDs to affect the outcome a game it's only a minor offense.
    With the Black Sox Landis didn't have a Collective Barganing agreement he had to work under like Selig has.
    With Rose he accepted a lifetime ban as part of deal. I have no idea if any type of CBA was in place at the time between the players and owners but apparently not.
    Only way for Selig to suspend or ban players for any longer is if a new CBA is agreed to by the owners and players.
    The strikes and resulting CBA's took a lot of the Commissioner's power away.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    You really believe that Braun just took PED's to get healthy and it had no effect on his power numbers?
    +1
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I think it is really important to know what you are talking about, what type of PEDs. Some players getting caught for PEDs are using very minor drugs for injuries like Ryan Braun. He took them for an injury and had little effect on how well he did...it just kept him healthy...things like mouth melts and lozenges.

This A-Rod PED use is for some serious results and some high end drugs...what he is doing is sickening. People like Bonds and A-Rod should be banned forever.
    If Eric Davis just took PED's or roids to stay healthy, he would have made Bonds look like his little sister. Braun is a chump. That guy should have been banned. Selig gave him a nice little deal because he was a Brewer. He should have had a full season like A-Rod. Both should be banned.

I think it is really important to know what you are talking about, what type of PEDs. Some players getting caught for PEDs are using very minor drugs for injuries like Ryan Braun. He took them for an injury and had little effect on how well he did...it just kept him healthy...things like mouth melts and lozenges.

This A-Rod PED use is for some serious results and some high end drugs...what he is doing is sickening. People like Bonds and A-Rod should be banned forever.
    JUST kept him healthy. Even if that is true, do you have any idea how big of a deal health is? Health is just as important as any talent a player has... You cant put up any numbers without being out there. Statements like that irritate the hell out of me.

If Braun was only doing it for his health then why didn't he just admit that in the beginning? Instead he got on the high pulpit and smeared the delivery driver.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    If Eric Davis just took PED's or roids to stay healthy, he would have made Bonds look like his little sister. Braun is a chump. That guy should have been banned. Selig gave him a nice little deal because he was a Brewer. He should have had a full season like A-Rod. Both should be banned.
    You think he should have been banned? C Mon I think you are just being silly now.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    JUST kept him healthy. Even if that is true, do you have any idea how big of a deal health is? Health is just as important as any talent a player has... You cant put up any numbers without being out there. Statements like that irritate the hell out of me.
    I get what your saying and I agree. But I think it is wrong from a PED usage stand point to put him in the same category as Bonds or A-Rod...when in reality he is no different than Peralta or Cruz.

I think there should be harsher punishments, but not if a guy using some supplement powder is getting the same 100+ game suspension as the A-Rod or Bonds type user...I just Dont think that would be right.

As far as the Big 3 being named here - Bonds, Clemens, A-Fraud - I never have heard a reason why Clemens did it (i.e. to break Cy Young's record or anything) other than wanting to be dominating and extend his career.

As far as Bonds and A-Rod, BOTH are linked to comments of wanting to smash records - Bonds: The single season and all time HR record, A-Rod: stated he wanted to be the 1st and ONLY member of the 800 HR club.

Although not MLB numbers, Sadahua Oh is already an 800 HR guy and with questionable historical records kept, it is believed that in the Negro Leagues, Josh Gibson hit between 800 and 900 HRs.

That said, I find it interesting that A-Rod is fighting this calling ti a witch hunt. Really? Then why is it that EVERY other player linked to BioGenesis took their suspensions and went on without argument or law suits? That should tell everyone how REAL the BioGenesis claims are.

A-Rod may think his penalty being stiffer is a 'witch hunt', but he needs to remember - regardless of the dates he claims to have been a user - that he previously admitted to using Steroids and then lied saying he hasn't used anything since when his name was connected to BioGenesis. THAT is why his penalty is so stiff.

And I'll be VERY surprised if the Federal Government gives his case any consideration since it was done under BINDING Agreement in the CBA that the Arbitrator's Findings are Final and Binding AND the fact that even the Player's Association has stated that even though they don't agree with the penalty, they will accept it and recognize the Arbitrator's decision per the CBA and JDA.

People also have to remember that A-Rod could also be sued for Breach of Contract by both MLB and the NYY for things he has done since the BioGenesis scandal broke that go against not only his contract and agreement with the Yankees, but his contract and agreement with MLBPAA and the CBA. (i.e. Seeking outside Medical Opinions without club approval, Seeking outside Counsel instead of the MLBPAA Attorneys, etc) and will be lucky if the 2014 suspension is the end of all of this.

Just my .02

- Smitty

You think he should have been banned? C Mon I think you are just being silly now.
    The way he went about denying it was horrible. I think the punishment for any PED's or the like should be a full season the first time (and voids contract). Second time banned for life with no chances of returning. I've never liked cheaters and unlike a lot of people, I love sitting down to watch a 4 hour game that ends with the score 2-1...

He should be banned from baseball for LIFE !!! He is a liar and a cheater and they need to take all of his records and erase them from the record books and the same goes for all the other cheats in the game as well from years past.