Good

Talking Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Good
    Amen

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Glad to see it

Its a lose-lose situation...at this point it doesn't even matter. He has already signed the massive deal and made millions on endorsements. His career is already basically over, and he has already ruined records etc.

Let's be honest nothing positive really comes out of this for baseball. The damage has already been done.

Yea he can go count his millions but in the eyes of the fans he'll always be a cheater, liar, and never get into the HOF. If he loves the game like he said he does, I would think that would bother him a bit even if it's a little. He'll know when he is illegable for the HOF and he gets 15 votes how bad he screwed up. I feel bad for the little kids that looked to him as a role model.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    Yea he can go count his millions
    He's losing his full salary for this season as well: 25 million. He has more money than he can ever spend already but I don't care how rich you are that has to sting a little bit...

I blame Selig and the senior management in baseball. They dragged their feet and looked the other way, none of them should still be employed by MLB. But instead, tune in for the Selig farewell tour coming this season...

Who cares about that guy anymore - I wish people stop talking about that clown...

I still find it strange that nobody in the media is mentioning the milestone bonuses in A-Rod's contract. If he hits 6 or 7 more HR's to catch Mays, that's worth millions, I understand. And more is in the contract if he should catch Ruth. If the Yankees tried to pay him off and not play him in 2015, wouldn't he have a new possible complaint about being denied a shot at those bonuses? I'm glad I'm not having to face those administrative decisions. This story is far from over.

Remember the "Hank Aaron in 2013" thread we started in June, regarding his visit to Columbia, SC Aaron said those who used "shortcuts" would lose out in the end, versus those who didn't rely on "shortcuts." The crowd enthusiastically endorsed his statements.

Basically we do know when they started using PED's. Both Bonds and Clemens had careers that would have been worthy of the HOF before any allegations were made of their drug use. Both have been investigated thoroughly, in fact they were charged with crimes related to PED use and were subject to criminal trials. You can't be more thoroughly investigated than that. If there is no evidence of a player using drugs before a certain point, or at all, we should give them the benefit of the doubt. You'll never "know" for sure whether anyone in sports might have used a drug. So by that standard you can suspicion anyone about anything. We don't "know" for sure any friend or acquaintance of ours isn't secretly a mass murderer. Most people use common sense. If there isn't good evidence pointing to something we don't accuse people of it.