X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Originally posted by Roady
    You can blame yourself all you want. Don't blame me though.

I didn't cheat. I didn't put a price on my dignity. I didn't lie. I didn't stick a needle in my body. I didn't take an illegal drug.

Don't you dare blame me for what another man does.
    I didn't know these guys were cheating.

I was raised when a mans word was his bond. When a handshake was more important than a contract.

Maybe you were raised in a time or area where everyone has an excuse for the things they do wrong. I wasn't. I was raised that actions have consequences and that if you did something wrong you took responsibility for it. You didn't blame others.

So you blame yourself all you want. But don't blame me for another mans actions.

This should be a credo for all athletes .... wishful thinking!

Better yet, this should works really well in politics also.

(What a joke!)

Comment

• Roady
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by marino13
      This should be a credo for all athletes .... wishful thinking!

Better yet, this should works really well in politics also.

(What a joke!)
      It may be a joke to you but for anyone with any self respect it's not.

So they cheat and you give them an excuse by blaming everyone else?

That is the some messed up thinking right there.

You choose to do what you do. They were free to say no.

And we wonder what is wrong with society today.

Comment

• marino13
        • Feb 2010

It may be a joke to you but for anyone with any self respect it's not.

So they cheat and you give them an excuse by blaming everyone else?

That is the some messed up thinking right there.

You choose to do what you do. They were free to say no.

And we wonder what is wrong with society today.

If it is NOT a joke ... please explain how Melky and Peralta - both suspended for cheating, got BIG bonus contract right after they came back from suspension?

Comment

• Roady
          • Jun 2012

If it is NOT a joke ... please explain how Melky and Peralta - both suspended for cheating, got BIG bonus contract right after they came back from suspension?
          I don't own the teams. I don't make decisions on who to hire. I don't sign the contracts. I don't pay the players.

Ask the Blue Jays and Cardinals why they signed known cheaters and rewarded them.

I wouldn't have signed either of them, ever.

The fans didn't have a say so in those signings. The fans didn't petition the teams to sign them. The fans were not part of the negotiations.

You can only blame the players for cheating and the clubs for signing them.

Comment

• xpress34
            • Sep 2008

Many teams are taking a stance against this. The Diamondbacks for example won't even consider a player that has tested positive or has a previous suspension - even in the Minor Leagues.

I like the idea that has been discussed of fining teams that sign known users after a suspension if that player fails another test.

Comment

• xpress34
              • Sep 2008

what happened to the rest of the so called guilty list?
              If you actually paid attention, you would know that EVERY player listed in the Bio Genesis scandal (except for A-Fraud) took their penalties/punishments as deemed appropriate by MLB 'without question'. Including Braun.

It makes a damning indictment of A-Fraud to believe that he is the ONLY player on the list that is 'clean', when everyone else manned up and accepted their punishments.

He claims he's innocent, but won't testify on his own behalf...

Comment

• rufusandherschel
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by xpress34
                If you actually paid attention, you would know that EVERY player listed in the Bio Genesis scandal (except for A-Fraud) took their penalties/punishments as deemed appropriate by MLB 'without question'. Including Braun.

It makes a damning indictment of A-Fraud to believe that he is the ONLY player on the list that is 'clean', when everyone else manned up and accepted their punishments.

Very well stated!

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by xpress34

He may be referring to the other 97 of the 104 players who test positive in 2003.

I'm sure once all this is over, there will be a movie made about this
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• coxfan
                    • Feb 2009

The current article on MlB.com says that the MLBPA tried to prevent disclosure of parts of the arbitrator's opinion, but a federal judge blocked that, and indicated there was no reason the opinion shouldn't be public. After that, A-Rod's lawyer apparently put the opinion out in full.

His suit against the MLBPA is intended to maximize his slim chances of overturning the suspension by attacking all angles in the process. But the MLBPA's reply suggests they're not happy with their inclusion.

Comment

• Roady
                      • Jun 2012

The MLBPA shouldn't have stated they disagreed with the decision.
                      Unions leave a bad taste in the mouth when they stand by a member no matter what.
                      Maybe he MLBPA will stop being so supportive of their cheating members after this.

Comment

• marino13
                        • Feb 2010

The MLBPA shouldn't have stated they disagreed with the decision.
                        Unions leave a bad taste in the mouth when they stand by a member no matter what.
                        Maybe he MLBPA will stop being so supportive of their cheating members after this.

The union cannot exist without its paying dues members - crooked or not.

And when the union throw its members under the bus like in this case - it might as well working MLB (as in managers) and do whatever they want.

Bottom line - they (both MLB and the union) are working in cahoot to target the highest paid player in the game to make an example of.

And if they get away with it now, what will stop them from doing it again in the future? Might as well have the mob running this scheme called MLB.

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Getting pretty close to locking this thread!
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• metsbats
                            • Nov 2005

Please no personal attacks. 5 day suspension has been issued.
                            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• Roady
                              • Jun 2012

Just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks that PED's don't give power and make you hit the ball farther. Ever since the Bonds fiasco there are those who claim that PED's don't help hit home runs.

The regimen of performance-enhancing substances delivered by Tony Bosch to Alex Rodriguez was "probably the most potent and sophisticated drug program developed for an athlete that we've ever seen,'' U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told the AP.

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press...
                              "At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

Comment

• marino13
                                • Feb 2010

Just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks that PED's don't give power and make you hit the ball farther. Ever since the Bonds fiasco there are those who claim that PED's don't help hit home runs.

The regimen of performance-enhancing substances delivered by Tony Bosch to Alex Rodriguez was "probably the most potent and sophisticated drug program developed for an athlete that we've ever seen,'' U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told the AP.

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press...
                                "At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

I guess the other 99% who got caught or not - should sue for false advertisement then ....

Jesus Montero - I should get my money back from all the gamers I picked up.

Francisco Cervelli - Where is your HR numbers, sir?

Come on, this remind of the commercial a while back - just because a fan wears authentic jersey like their idol, it doesn't mean you can hit HR like Hamilton.

If that was the case, I wear my Jeter's gamers (jersey, pant, bat, cleats and gloves) the next time I play baseball in the park....

Comment

Working...