Good

Talking Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Good
    Amen

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Glad to see it

Its a lose-lose situation...at this point it doesn't even matter. He has already signed the massive deal and made millions on endorsements. His career is already basically over, and he has already ruined records etc.

Let's be honest nothing positive really comes out of this for baseball. The damage has already been done.

Yea he can go count his millions but in the eyes of the fans he'll always be a cheater, liar, and never get into the HOF. If he loves the game like he said he does, I would think that would bother him a bit even if it's a little. He'll know when he is illegable for the HOF and he gets 15 votes how bad he screwed up. I feel bad for the little kids that looked to him as a role model.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Its a lose-lose situation...at this point it doesn't even matter.

Let's be honest nothing positive really comes out of this for baseball. The damage has already been done.
    Really?

It is a shame that players like Rodriguez, Bonds and Clemens were linked to PED's. All of them could have had HOF careers without the usage. Obviously they made the choice and will have to accept what comes with it. There is nothing for anyone to be happy about in any of this. It's sad when people make bad choices, and they did make a choice. Maybe we have begun putting most of the PED era behind us now, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    It is a shame that players like Rodriguez, Bonds and Clemens were linked to PED's. All of them could have had HOF careers without the usage. Obviously they made the choice and will have to accept what comes with it. There is nothing for anyone to be happy about in any of this. It's sad when people make bad choices, and they did make a choice. Maybe we have begun putting most of the PED era behind us now, I hope.
    I really disagree with the statement that they could have had HOF careers without PED's. The fact is we will never know. There is no way to know what their career numbers would have looked like if they hadn't cheated. And we really have no idea how long they cheated. Was it their entire career like Mark McGwire?
    I always feel bad for players like Carlos Lee, just the first name that came to mind, who put up really good numbers and then declined when most players decline in their early to mid thirty's. They don't get the recognition they deserve because the cheaters numbers are so gaudy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    Yea he can go count his millions
    He's losing his full salary for this season as well: 25 million. He has more money than he can ever spend already but I don't care how rich you are that has to sting a little bit...

I blame Selig and the senior management in baseball. They dragged their feet and looked the other way, none of them should still be employed by MLB. But instead, tune in for the Selig farewell tour coming this season...