Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1986/87 Jordan jersey..need opinions

Was hoping some of you that are well versed in basketball jerseys...and especially Jordan jersey would weigh in on this........thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: 1986/87 Jordan jersey..need opinions

The jersey does look very familiar. Can you give us a little background on it? There are some very well versed mj collectors here. When did you acquire it, about how much, from who ah, eBay, private? Etc.
    Or are you looking to purchase it?
    We'll def try to help you out.

I acquired it as part of a trade for some star current nfl players jerseys and some high end autographs took a chance after comparing to other jerseys that have sold in auction...thanks for any help.

Is there any way to take a pic of the front, a little closer?

The NBA logo from that year (and most) are usually a little farther down, as if you drew a horizontal line across the bottom of the neck piping to the right, it should almost cut about 3/4 down the NBA logo.

Another thing is the white border around the 'BULLS' and '23' lends to be thicker than in your pic of the front, but again, this just may be due to your small pic and the jersey being farther away from the camera.

But at first glance, it looks pretty good. Size 44, +3 is correct for the '86/87 year.

Awesome pickup!

Here are cloe up pics of the logo...used an envelope to make horizontal location placement...really appreciate the opinions from those who know these Jordan early jerseys
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Is "bulls" screened on or are the letters vynal like the numbers and NOB?

Its the same as the name and numbers...heat pressed vinyl

I'm not a 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that Bulls was always screened on and not vynal

Would be interesting to see if others here have any bulls jerseys with the Bulls in vynal

This same jersey sold on ebay May 19th 2011 for 2,999. It was sold as team issued and un-used by a seller in France.

I just checked the BULLS and my mistake it IS screened on....I felt both the numbers then the BULLS and the numbers are much thicker and heat pressed vinyl...the BULLS is thinner and screened on....as far as the same jersey selling back in 2011 from a seller in France then if this is the same one the collector I got it from did not get it from ebay....is there a link to that ebay auction to compare...just curious...appreciate all of the info.