Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Chicago White Sox Soxfest

Frank refused to inscribe "HOF '14" which pissed some people off. Rumor going around was that he has an exclusive contract to sign that for a company - do not know if that is accurate.

Also, he had a family emergency which was blamed for the delay. It sounded like a serious matter so people were fortunate he showed.

anyone see any Ehren Wassermann stuff? thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    Frank refused to inscribe "HOF '14" which pissed some people off. Rumor going around was that he has an exclusive contract to sign that for a company - do not know if that is accurate.

Also, he had a family emergency which was blamed for the delay. It sounded like a serious matter so people were fortunate he showed.
    Frank Thomas is doing a Mab-celebrity show today in New Jersey at the Meadowlands. The promoter is charging $50 for HOF 14. If you go to the website www.mab-celebrity.com it says he is exclusive to them.

FYI,

Chris

Thanks for all the info everybody. Much Appreciated! kind of bogus The Big Hurt refused to sign HOF 14 on your items. I guess we cant take it personal, just business. A frustrating one! I know I would of been a little discouraged myself. I'm sure it was even more frustrating with the delays and all. Sux!

He didn't do HOF but he did at least do the MVP inscriptions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still can't believe this. Not sure which is worse, rios at $150 or peavy's $200.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    ...I did get a Dunn helmet today with tons of use.
    Is that the Dunn helmet in the background of the Frank Thomas bat picture? Very nice! I would have loved to make it to Soxfest this year just to check out the Dunn stuff. What did they have available for him and were the prices reasonable?

Yes I posted the Dunn helmet on the white sox GU section. Dunn bats were high. Friday they were $300 then dropped to $250 sat/sun. Jerseys were $500. They will have a ton of his stuff cheaper and available of him when/if he's gone next year. I feel I overpaid off the helmet @ $200 but I wanted one and it had ton of use. He made a comment about striking out because of the large mark on top from throwing it. Super cool guy and he signed my photo matched WBC bat and inscribed it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Still can't believe this. Not sure which is worse, rios at $150 or peavy's $200.
    are those game used hats? which players did they have and were they pricey?

Really nobody. They had peavy signed snap back hats for $75. There really wasn't anything special with the hats unless they were picked through the first hour.