Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Goldin Auctions #708

http://www.goldinauctions.com/Early-...i-LOT8469.aspx

The Cowboys during this era never wore a "9" that looked like this:

Here are some examples of what the serif font 9 should look like:

Another problem is that the sleeve stripes are too narrow for that era, not to mention the missing manufacturer's tag.

Re: Goldin Auctions #708

Have you emailed Ken about this jersey ? If I remember you mentioned something in a previous thread about a jersey (not sure if this is the one) but it looks like it has been deleted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Have you emailed Ken about this jersey ? If I remember you mentioned something in a previous thread about a jersey (not sure if this is the one) but it looks like it has been deleted.
    Yes, last week I PMed him directly but he did not respond. And yes, that other post of mine which brought attention to this particular auction lot was curiously deleted without explanation. I PMed a mod but they never responded. I hope Goldin does not receive favoritism just because they have an association with this site. Unsuspecting buyers need to be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Yes, last week I PMed him directly but he did not respond. And yes, that other post of mine which brought attention to this particular auction lot was curiously deleted without explanation. I PMed a mod but they never responded. I hope Goldin does not receive favoritism just because they have an association with this site. Unsuspecting buyers need to be protected.
    Hello Brendan,

Before posting conspiracy theories, please check your emails and PMs. The posts were deleted because Ken responded to you directly via PM. Here was Ken's posts that was also removed that day you posted. We also sent an email letting you know:

SLATS7
    you should read your PM's before posting
    this is a PM from me to you last night
    also, please email me or call my office with questions, suggestions or important information. It is the proper way to do it, and a lot easier then reading a PM on a forum, and than getting a public post asking for a reply, when you replied immediately!
    Private Message: Re: Lot #708Recipients: slats7

Yesterday, 06:55 PM
    KGoldin vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Re: Lot #708
    thanks
    will have this looked into
    do you believe it is a different year? or simply not a game used cowbpys jersey

As referenced, please feel free to contact Goldin Auctions with any questions you might have as that is the protocol as per the forum rules.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    HEy Slats
    I replied to you TWICE
    I will list them below
    I also emailed Chris since you are NOT a registered bidder at goldin auctions and I have no contact information for you
    I asked Chris to email you and tell you to contact me via phone or email since you were not replying to my PMs

01-09-2014, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Lot #708

I replied to you last night
    please call my office at 856-767-8550
    or at least email me
    PM on this forum is not a convenient or good way to communicate

01-08-2014, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Lot #708

thanks
    will have this looked into
    do you believe it is a different year? or simply not a game used cowbpys jersey?

Banned

Here's my PM box: dry as a bone. I never received a PM from either of you.

In my defense, I did PM Ken with my concerns before going public on this forum, so please don't think I was trying to ambush or embarrass him in any way. When I didn't receive word back, I thought I was being stonewalled.

As for the jersey, no, I don't think it was ever worn by a Dallas Cowboy. I'm a hardcore Dallas fan and have hundreds of photos from that era, and the jersey just doesn't match up.

Hello Brendan,

Two things:

1) Can you please email me with your current email address and phone number at Chris@gameuseduniverse.com to see if it needs to be updated in the database (we do not have a phone number for you).

2) When you are logged into GUU and you go to the forum, please click on the 'User CP' link on the top left of the page. Then go to 'List Messages' under the 'Private Messages' section and see if there are any private messages there for you.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Brendan,

Two things:

1) Can you please email me with your current email address and phone number at Chris@gameuseduniverse.com to see if it needs to be updated in the database (we do not have a phone number for you).

2) When you are logged into GUU and you go to the forum, please click on the 'User CP' link on the top left of the page. Then go to 'List Messages' under the 'Private Messages' section and see if there are any private messages there for you.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Okay, now I see them. At other websites, when I get a PM, a dialog box will pop up on the screen alerting me to a new message. That hasn't happened here.

The PM system is a little wacky on this site from time to time. I will on occasion get the "pop-up box" but it just takes me to an empty mailbox.

Randomly checking the User CP is about the only way I know to figure out if you have any messages.

Regarding the item at hand (which has now been withdrawn), can anyone identify the wash tag at the bottom of the jersey?
    Attached Images Attached Images