Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 2014 Cubs Convention

those were pretty cool signs. I won a couple of items at the auction as well. I bought a game used Alfonso Soriano bat and hat combo for $170 and a Welington Castillo game used bat for $60. I also got good deals on a Castillo game used jersey and a Carlos Marmol game used jersey. I was able to get both Castillo items signed today as well.

Did anyone go to Wood's fundraiser? I went last night and had a great time! We got to meet Almora, Baez, Soler, Rizzo, and many others.

How much were the foul ball signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubman15 View Post
    those were pretty cool signs. I won a couple of items at the auction as well. I bought a game used Alfonso Soriano bat and hat combo for $170 and a Welington Castillo game used bat for $60. I also got good deals on a Castillo game used jersey and a Carlos Marmol game used jersey. I was able to get both Castillo items signed today as well.

Did anyone go to Wood's fundraiser? I went last night and had a great time! We got to meet Almora, Baez, Soler, Rizzo, and many others.
    Were players signing at the Wood party? Always thought about going but was wondering if I could get autos. Also, how much did the auction package including Wood's last game jersey go for?

Foul signs went for $540, $650, $750 and $1000. Two more were auctioned last month online for $595 and $597 (plus shipping).

Players were taking pictures and signing. Now, it's not like you could bring any bats or a box full of items to take up all of their time, but my friend and I each had a couple of baseballs in our pockets and I wore a game used Kerry Wood jersey their which I got signed as well.

It was really cool. The players were bartending in shifts and most were very friendly. I know the Domincan players seemed to hang out with each other and for the most part weren't as outgoing with the fans, but that could simply be a language barrier thing. With the acception of Rick Sutcliffe, everyone had time to stop, take a picture, and talk for a minute or two.

I would like to say that I am now a big CJ Edwards fan. What a great kid! He seemed every bit as excited to meet the fans as we were to meet him. He was full of energy and truly seemed to be appreciative of the abilities that he's been blessed with. He talked our ears off while we were there. Just a great kid!

Banned

Cool Re: 2014 Cubs Convention

I was told by several booth holders that, late in the day on Saturday, several dealers came in and bought out the remaining sale inventory. You might try to see if eBay has any of these up for bids.

Dave Miedema

Correct, late Saturday someone purchased all of the racks of jerseys. They had been picked through pretty good. I have seen on eBay several of the jerseys sold at auction posted since yesterday.

How did everyone do at the convention this year? We had a ton of fun at Wood's Winter Warm-Up! Got lucky with some autos and found some items for great values at the convention itself.

I'd like to thank TW for my first GU Rizzo jersey (which will eventually be given to my son since Rizzo hit a HR in his first game). I also picked up two TI 2015 playoff jerseys (Montero and Fowler), a Cahill TI jersey (he was a riot at Wood's event), and TI jerseys of Montero and Hendricks which each show great evidence of use. In addition, I was able to get my Addison Russell GU bat signed. He said it was a sweet bat when he saw it and even took half of a swing with it from his chair. Cool guy!

Did anyone happen to notice if they had any Baez items besides the $1000 LVS bat?

I know there was a Baez hat and a locker tag, but I only hung around the auction for a couple of hours the entire weekend.

The live auction didn't offer much compared to past years. I'm guessing because a lot of items were sold prior to the Cubs Convention due to the teams success. There was mostly BP items, team issued jerseys and hats, champagne bottles and Beware of Foul Ball signs (which I'm still upset I missed out on). There were only a few batting helmets and a couple bats. In addition to the Baez bat, TI hat and locker name plate (which I believe both are on eBay), I think I saw a BP jersey, but not much if anything else.
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items