Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2014 Cubs Convention

I was just wondering if anyone from GUU is going this year? I will be going there and will also be attending Kerry Wood's charity event at Navy Pier on Friday night. What are you guys looking forward to? Who's autos are you looking for?

Mark Prior and Derrek Lee will be there along with a ton of top prospects. I have a game used Lee bat as well as a Derrek Lee drawing done by my sister in law that I hope to get signed. I also have game used bats from the Sarge, Jody, Castro, and Dwight Smith which I would like to get signed. I'm hoping to get my game used Kerry Wood jersey signed at his event.

So Cub fans, let's hear from you!

Re: 2014 Cubs Convention

I will be there. I have GU jerseys from Rizzo and Prior that I am thinking of getting signed. Are you a season ticket holder that will be in the lounge? I'll be there and that would be a good chance to meet up and maybe trade autograph tickets if we both preferred other people that were won under the new autograph policy for this year:

"* Please note: The Cubs Convention will have a new autograph system to reduce the amount of time fans have spent waiting in lines. This year, an autograph voucher system will be in effect for all players at Stage A on Jan. 18-19. All other autograph stages will run on a first-come, first-served basis, as they have been in the past.

Every attendee will receive a pull tab at Cubs registration. A number of these pull tabs are redeemable for one autograph. The pull tab gives direction as to if and what each attendee has been awarded. If a fan receives access to an autograph on Stage A, they should show up at the time slot listed to be granted access to the line. Only those with the applicable vouchers will be permitted to enter the Stage A session.

Autograph opportunities on all stages are included in the price of admission. In fact, more total player autograph opportunities are available this year than any previous Cubs Convention.

* Also new this year will be chances for fans to have a more personal meet and greet with their favorite players for a donation of $125 for current players and $150 for alumni. The money will be donated to Cubs Charities. Fans will receive an authentic baseball to be signed, a photo opportunity with the player, and time to ask questions and interact. Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Those interested in receiving more information about this opportunity should visit the Cubs Charities room on the second level at the Sheraton when the convention opens."

Banned

Smile Re: 2014 Cubs Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Cubman15 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone from GUU is going this year? I will be going there and will also be attending Kerry Wood's charity event at Navy Pier on Friday night. What are you guys looking forward to? Who's autos are you looking for?

Mark Prior and Derrek Lee will be there along with a ton of top prospects. I have a game used Lee bat as well as a Derrek Lee drawing done by my sister in law that I hope to get signed. I also have game used bats from the Sarge, Jody, Castro, and Dwight Smith which I would like to get signed. I'm hoping to get my game used Kerry Wood jersey signed at his event.

So Cub fans, let's hear from you!
    I'm assisting a dealer buddy at his booth. Last year we were located directly across from the auction area and sale racks Just look for the tall bearded guy with the anti-Obama T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    * Also new this year will be chances for fans to have a more personal meet and greet with their favorite players for a donation of $125 for current players and $150 for alumni. The money will be donated to Cubs Charities. Fans will receive an authentic baseball to be signed, a photo opportunity with the player, and time to ask questions and interact. Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Those interested in receiving more information about this opportunity should visit the Cubs Charities room on the second level at the Sheraton when the convention opens."
    I noticed for the $125-$150 meet & greet tickets that it says "Fans will receive an authentic baseball to be signed" does anyone know if you can bring your own items to be signed, or if you can only have the baseball autographed? And if so is there an item limit? I messaged the Cubs and Carrie Muskat, but neither have responded.

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    I noticed for the $125-$150 meet & greet tickets that it says "Fans will receive an authentic baseball to be signed" does anyone know if you can bring your own items to be signed, or if you can only have the baseball autographed? And if so is there an item limit? I messaged the Cubs and Carrie Muskat, but neither have responded.
    Please let us know what you find. If we can get a few autos rather than the picture then I'd be interested.

Please let us know what you find. If we can get a few autos rather than the picture then I'd be interested.

I just got a response regarding the Meet & Greet:

"I just caught up with our Convention team. They’ll provide a baseball to sign and have requested folks bring only one additional item to sign (per player you’re meeting) to avoid the meet and greet from becoming simply an autograph session."

Ok thanks for the info - see everyone tmrw

Does anyone know where in the Sheraton the Cubs had the GU auction last year, and when it starts tomorrow? I was unable to attend last year.

Banned

Cool Re: 2014 Cubs Convention

Does anyone know where in the Sheraton the Cubs had the GU auction last year, and when it starts tomorrow? I was unable to attend last year.
    It's in the main room that has all the corporate and dealer booths, on the back wall, next to the Cubs Authentics sale area for GU jerseys, baseballs, caps and helmets, among other things. Also some new 2014 Wrigley Field 100th Anniversary game baseballs.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It's in the main room that has all the corporate and dealer booths, on the back wall, next to the Cubs Authentics sale area for GU jerseys, baseballs, caps and helmets, among other things. Also some new 2014 Wrigley Field 100th Anniversary game baseballs.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks, I found it this afternoon and picked up a "Beware of Foul Balls" sign from Wrigley Field w/ MLB authentication (very nicely beat up, must have been on the wall a long time). Was very happy to see that available for auction.