Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cubs introduce new mascot

Banned

Re: Cubs introduce new mascot

Looks like a really bad bootleg version of Kit from Disney's "Talespin"

That's just pitiful.

About 4 years ago the Charlotte Knights (AAA) had a toy bear that was numbered and signed by Ernie Banks. They had trouble selling it so they gave it to me free (for my grandkids) when I made a big purchase from them. So I guess the idea of a mascot's not totally new with the Cubs, in some form.

Decades ago the Braves had Chief Noc-A-Homa, who would do a war dance after each Braves' HR. I guess modern sensitivities ended that one. Anything that makes the park kid-friendly seems fine to me.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Cubs introduce new mascot

Shouldn't the Cubs worry more about improving their team instead? Clark the Bear may end up being as big an annoyance inside the ballpark as the Ballhawks are outside the park.

Dave Miedema

Hard to improve on this one:

Name:  cubbie.JPG
Views: 366
Size:  118.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Shouldn't the Cubs worry more about improving their team instead?

Dave Miedema
    +1

I may be wrong but the Cubs, Padres, Astros, and present Marlins owners don't seem to concerned with winning. It is a money making business and winning is just a bonus if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    ?..and present Marlins owners don't seem to concerned with winning. It is a money making business and winning is just a bonus if it happens.
    Living in South Florida and having been a fan of this team since their inaugural season, this truly resonates with me. Past to present, the spending then purging antics of this franchise have turned me off to baseball. The final straw was building the new stadium in the middle of a poorly accessible area in Miami. Ownership alienated a large percentage of its attending fan base by doing so.

On Chicago sports talk radio, they are just pounding on the the new mascot. I do think they botched this one myself.

Hoenstly, I do not think the Cubs or White Sox are "Family" entertainment.

Wrigley Field is basically a palce to party and drink. Not sure why people want to pay so much to go do that there, but when i went to Wrigley the first time in 1990, by no means do I think it was a Family enviroment. I was a baseball fan, so i didn't need the bells and whistles to make me enjoy it, but more of a generalized taste Chicago type of feel to it, yet with a strong national fan base.

The White Sox too, moreso seems like "Your local neighborhood baseball team" much more of a localized feel to it. Not the best area in town to have a team as well. Over the eyar of going to the Cell in Chicago, I wouldn't say it is the best kid-friendly place out there.