Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onlyalbert
    • Jan 2011

Re: 2014 Cardinals WWU thread

Steal of the show was a Molina WS road with tar on the shoulder in the rack with the rest for 500. Crazy!

And in the silent auction was a Molina bat black LS I13L from 04/05 with 41 on the knob uncracked and signed. Went for 1200 in a bid off. It was beyond sweet.

Comment

• Sotystl
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by flota89
      Cardinals Authentics had regular season bats priced the same as usual, with postseason bats going for up to $1000 (Molina $750, Beltran $1000, Holliday $600-50). Postseason/WS jerseys went up to around $600. Regular season jerseys went up to I believe $500. Not a ton of big names, but I saw a Matt Carpenter, Adams, Craig, Jay, Wong, and more. There may have been more jerseys as well that I missed.
      Really bummed i couldnt go. Would have loved to pick up a Craig Jersey.

Next year hopefully!

Comment

• jscott0688
        • May 2010

The team store prices were insane as usual:

Batting helmets: $10
        Home and Road Jerseys: $60
        Home and Road Jerseys signed: $75
        2011 World Series jerseys: $100
        2012 jerseys with patches (signed): $115
        2012 jerseys with patches (unsigned): $100
        2005 jerseys with Final Season Bush Stadium patch: $50
        Home jersey with Joplin Patch: $50
        St. Patricks Day jerseys: $50
        TBTC jerseys: $50
        TBTC pants: $10
        Bats: $30
        Autographed bats: $75
        Game used caps: $30
        Game used caps (signed): $40

Today all jerseys were marked down to $25 without patches and $50 with patches.

Comment

• brianborsch
          • Dec 2005

Dang! Would have loved to have gotten the Wong jersey!

Comment

• jbean023
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jscott0688
            The team store prices were insane as usual:

Batting helmets: $10
            Home and Road Jerseys: $60
            Home and Road Jerseys signed: $75
            2011 World Series jerseys: $100
            2012 jerseys with patches (signed): $115
            2012 jerseys with patches (unsigned): $100
            2005 jerseys with Final Season Bush Stadium patch: $50
            Home jersey with Joplin Patch: $50
            St. Patricks Day jerseys: $50
            TBTC jerseys: $50
            TBTC pants: $10
            Bats: $30
            Autographed bats: $75
            Game used caps: $30
            Game used caps (signed): $40

Today all jerseys were marked down to $25 without patches and $50 with patches.

Are you missing some zeros? This is insane, what kind of players could you get at these prices? Im not a cardinals fan but I collect different teams/players and would love to have a few jerseys from past seasons.

Comment

• jscott0688
              • May 2010

Originally posted by jbean023
              Are you missing some zeros? This is insane, what kind of players could you get at these prices? Im not a cardinals fan but I collect different teams/players and would love to have a few jerseys from past seasons.
              Cardinals Care is clueless when it comes to the value of items. It is definitely a place to find hidden gems, but the quality of items in the store has really varied in recent years. You aren't going to find a Molina jersey, but some of the players that I saw this year were Matt Carpenter, Matt Morris, Larry Walker, and Mark McGwire (from his stint as a coach). Traditionally the store has also been a good place to get the top prospects on the team. I think one year they sold the Arizona Fall League jerseys of Albert Pujols. A couple of the gems I have found in the store include Allen Craig's first spring training jersey and the #90 jersey that David Freese is wearing in all of his rookie cards.

Comment

• onlyalbert
                • Jan 2011

Not much action on this thread so I thought I'd kick start it by showing what I got signed this past weekend. A few Adams bats that I already had. He really liked to see the bat he had his first 2 HR game with. I picked up a few more this weekend and am hoping one is his 2 HR game against the Reds. You may have heard of the next 2 bats, but the Royer is a local guy. He was number 5 long before it became popular. Molina 2013 WBC Championship game jersey. Yadi is a super nice guy and gave a great signature. Taveras' first Cards BP jersey and road jersey. He was great too, but you can tell his English is not strong. Wong's first 2 Cards jerseys. ST 2012 photomatched to a walkoff hit and 2012 AFL. Will post some more later. I did get one or two Adams things and will put them in the other thread. Fun weekend with an average turnout I thought. The Authentics store was like black Friday when the bat rack and jersey rack were opened! Jeff Scott and I teamed up or we would not have had near the success. It was great to run into a few GUU members also! I think we need to hold a summit next year some evening in the lounge. Takers?
                Attached Files

Comment

• onlyalbert
                  • Jan 2011

Cardinals Care is clueless when it comes to the value of items. It is definitely a place to find hidden gems, but the quality of items in the store has really varied in recent years. You aren't going to find a Molina jersey, but some of the players that I saw this year were Matt Carpenter, Matt Morris, Larry Walker, and Mark McGwire (from his stint as a coach). Traditionally the store has also been a good place to get the top prospects on the team. I think one year they sold the Arizona Fall League jerseys of Albert Pujols. A couple of the gems I have found in the store include Allen Craig's first spring training jersey and the #90 jersey that David Freese is wearing in all of his rookie cards.
                  You mean this one? I paid a littler more than the $50 it originally sold for!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• onlyalbert
                    • Jan 2011

Here is one of my favorite items. I picked this bat up at the team store in early Sept. I got it because I remember him using it around the time of the ASG. Turns out he didn't use it in the game but shortly afterwards and I have the games on MLBtv. So I bring the bat up to Matt, and his eyes almost popped out. He says, "WHERE did you get this bat?!" At fist I thought UH OH, but then he started smiling. I said I got it from the team store in early Sept, and I've never seen another one. Told him that when he was on the cover of Cards Gameday this was the bat he was using. He says, "The reason you have never seen another one is because there aren't any. This bat was made special for me by the owner of Marucci as a gift for making the All Star team. There was only one made, and I started using it afterwards for a few games and really liked it. But it broke, and I never saw it again. I always wondered what happened to it." Looking back, I probably should've offered him a trade of some sort maybe? There was some talk in the line that he wasn't going to do inscriptions because of his Mounted Memories contract, but he was happy to add my request, and I'm glad he did. Really sets this bat off nicely I think. There is another member on here that I promised this bat to.......but.....now......?????
                    Attached Files

Comment

• jscott0688
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by onlyalbert
                      Not much action on this thread so I thought I'd kick start it by showing what I got signed this past weekend. A few Adams bats that I already had. He really liked to see the bat he had his first 2 HR game with. I picked up a few more this weekend and am hoping one is his 2 HR game against the Reds. You may have heard of the next 2 bats, but the Royer is a local guy. He was number 5 long before it became popular. Molina 2013 WBC Championship game jersey. Yadi is a super nice guy and gave a great signature. Taveras' first Cards BP jersey and road jersey. He was great too, but you can tell his English is not strong. Wong's first 2 Cards jerseys. ST 2012 photomatched to a walkoff hit and 2012 AFL. Will post some more later. I did get one or two Adams things and will put them in the other thread. Fun weekend with an average turnout I thought. The Authentics store was like black Friday when the bat rack and jersey rack were opened! Jeff Scott and I teamed up or we would not have had near the success. It was great to run into a few GUU members also! I think we need to hold a summit next year some evening in the lounge. Takers?

Nice! Where did you get the AFL jersey?

Comment

• jscott0688
                        • May 2010

We should definitely hold a summit in the lounge next year!

Comment

• onlyalbert
                          • Jan 2011

Nice! Where did you get the AFL jersey?
                          It never left STL. I am the third owner. The road is owned by a forum member and featured on several rookie cards.

Comment

• jscott0688
                            • May 2010

It never left STL. I am the third owner. The road is owned by a forum member and featured on several rookie cards.
                            Sorry, I meant the Wong AFL jersey!

Comment

• onlyalbert
                              • Jan 2011

Sorry, I meant the Wong AFL jersey!
                              Oh, it was on MLB auctions I think in Dec of 2012.

Comment

• flota89
                                • Jul 2009

Love seeing what everyone found! Keep it going!
                                Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                                flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...