Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: 2014 Cardinals WWU thread

Got my Matt Holliday world series helmet and Carlos Martinez futures game cap signed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here's one of my other favorites. Shelby is probably one of the nicest guys there is, and his penmanship ranks right up there with Beltran for sure. Picked it up this Summer, and the bat is a late May stamp. I have it matched to the 8-19-13 game for sure. Shelby started the year out 0-20 with like 15 Ks. Then on 6-6-13 he got his first hit of the year, a single, and then hit the first HR of his career. I asked him if he kept the bat, and he said no, but I probably should have. He said this was the type of bat he used most of the season so this could be it. Can't say it's 100% but the dates and use sure make sense, and the #40 on the knob lines up pretty well. Either way, still a great bat with a great signature.

As usual, amazing stuff guys. I love seeing all of it. Here are two of my favorites, both pretty exciting for me. Number one, naturally, is Matt Carpenter's elusive 200th hit of the season, finally arriving in game 1 of the NLDS.

The other is a ball pitched by Carlos Martinez in his first MLB start...which I actually got him to inscribe. He didn't look to be doing many inscriptions (I didn't see any), so I'm pretty excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlengeli View Post
    As usual, amazing stuff guys. I love seeing all of it. Here are two of my favorites, both pretty exciting for me. Number one, naturally, is Matt Carpenter's elusive 200th hit of the season, finally arriving in game 1 of the NLDS.

The other is a ball pitched by Carlos Martinez in his first MLB start...which I actually got him to inscribe. He didn't look to be doing many inscriptions (I didn't see any), so I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm glad the 200 hit ball found a nice home. The signature looks great!
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Smile Re: 2014 Cardinals WWU thread

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    You mean this one? I paid a littler more than the $50 it originally sold for!
    OnlyAlbert,

WOW!!!!! That is an amazing jersey.... You have some amazing Albert Pujols game used items.

Not much action on this thread so I thought I'd kick start it by showing what I got signed this past weekend. A few Adams bats that I already had. He really liked to see the bat he had his first 2 HR game with. I picked up a few more this weekend and am hoping one is his 2 HR game against the Reds. You may have heard of the next 2 bats, but the Royer is a local guy. He was number 5 long before it became popular. Molina 2013 WBC Championship game jersey. Yadi is a super nice guy and gave a great signature. Taveras' first Cards BP jersey and road jersey. He was great too, but you can tell his English is not strong. Wong's first 2 Cards jerseys. ST 2012 photomatched to a walkoff hit and 2012 AFL. Will post some more later. I did get one or two Adams things and will put them in the other thread. Fun weekend with an average turnout I thought. The Authentics store was like black Friday when the bat rack and jersey rack were opened! Jeff Scott and I teamed up or we would not have had near the success. It was great to run into a few GUU members also! I think we need to hold a summit next year some evening in the lounge. Takers?
    Great pick ups Jason! I mainly just focused on the autograph lines this year and didn't pick up anything major at the authentics booth this time (though I did have a couple of nice additions to my collection through other means! ) I will post some pics of the signatures I got on some of my gamers when I get back in town.

Count me in on a group summit next year for sure!

Picked up Siegrist and Martinez 2013 ST jerseys. These would be their first ST numbers issued. Not sure what happened on the dual signature on the Martinez....communication issues I'm sure. I don't think he actually wore this one as I remember he had visa problems and didn't make it to ST. Unless it was worn in extended ST. Another funny thing I noticed on some of the jerseys I picked up. There are ink pen marks on some like when they were signed someone left a pen laying on the jersey. Found it on 3 different ones and same ink.

Nice jerseys!

I think I've been able to photomatch my Freese jersey to both a September 7th home run and an NLCS game against the Dodgers. Both the 2 and the 3 on the front of the jersey have been sewn on crooked. The top of the two along with the bottom of the 3 lead me to believe I have a match. In addition, I believe players were only issued two alternate jerseys during the 2013 season/postseason along with a different jersey for a "Jersey off the Back" game in June as well as WS game 3.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Not much action on this thread so I thought I'd kick start it by showing what I got signed this past weekend. A few Adams bats that I already had. He really liked to see the bat he had his first 2 HR game with. I picked up a few more this weekend and am hoping one is his 2 HR game against the Reds. You may have heard of the next 2 bats, but the Royer is a local guy. He was number 5 long before it became popular. Molina 2013 WBC Championship game jersey. Yadi is a super nice guy and gave a great signature. Taveras' first Cards BP jersey and road jersey. He was great too, but you can tell his English is not strong. Wong's first 2 Cards jerseys. ST 2012 photomatched to a walkoff hit and 2012 AFL. Will post some more later. I did get one or two Adams things and will put them in the other thread. Fun weekend with an average turnout I thought. The Authentics store was like black Friday when the bat rack and jersey rack were opened! Jeff Scott and I teamed up or we would not have had near the success. It was great to run into a few GUU members also! I think we need to hold a summit next year some evening in the lounge. Takers?
    Hey I was looking at pictures from the WWU on STLpost and saw a picture of M Adams signing a couple of bats, might be yours? Anyway Great looking bats.

David

Quote Originally Posted by STLCardinalscollector View Post
    Hey I was looking at pictures from the WWU on STLpost and saw a picture of M Adams signing a couple of bats, might be yours? Anyway Great looking bats.

David
    Hahah, yeah someone showed me that. Yes, my hand and bats. The one I am handing to him is the bat he used in his first 2HR game. He really liked seeing that one. Guess I have to get rid of all of his #53 stuff now.....next year he is taking #32. Any takers?