Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: Frank Thomas HOF rookie game worn cap

1990 white sox team signed with Frank Thomas:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

trying again:

That team ball signature looks pretty close. Especially the long line in a Frank that crosses the K.

So I've been reading all of these members posts good and bad. Many of you have helped by giving me links and photos. What I've been able to determine is that the hat is definitely from 1990 and the black White Sox cap was worn during their last homestead. The size is consistent with the size Thomas wore in 1990. He wore 2 numbers that year and started wearing his # 35 at that time. His rookie signature is a lot different then today's signature and the one on the hat is consistent with some of your photos. I feel very confident that this hat is Frank Thomas's Rookie 1990 game worn/ signed hat. With Frank going into the HOF this hat is a incredible find. I'm very excited to own this hat. Thanks all members for your input. Go Sox

Quote Originally Posted by stasman View Post
    So I've been reading all of these members posts good and bad. Many of you have helped by giving me links and photos. What I've been able to determine is that the hat is definitely from 1990 and the black White Sox cap was worn during their last homestead. The size is consistent with the size Thomas wore in 1990. He wore 2 numbers that year and started wearing his # 35 at that time. His rookie signature is a lot different then today's signature and the one on the hat is consistent with some of your photos. I feel very confident that this hat is Frank Thomas's Rookie 1990 game worn/ signed hat. With Frank going into the HOF this hat is a incredible find. I'm very excited to own this hat. Thanks all members for your input. Go Sox
    Yes, it looks like you have an incredible find. Anything rookie from Frank Thomas is sweet. Congrats!

Here is a great photo of him in 1990. The dimples on both sides of his hat match the dimples on my hat.

You can see the dimples on the side of my hat

A few more pics, notice the #5 that is signed a second time on the card. Completely different than the first he wrote and if tilted looks like the one on your hat. The signature on the bat is real close to yours.

Sorry...here are the pics.....

Thanks for the pics...that's more good news. I've been a Frank fan my whole life and when I had the chance to pick this up recently I jumped on it. I've never seen one of his rookie hats before.