Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Man Cave Make Over

Slowly swapping out (upgrading) all of my Walmart 'Lockers' ($25.00 - 5 Shelf Black Bookcases) for IKEA 'Lockers' ($150.00 'Hemnes' - Espresso Bookcases).

Taller, Wider, Deeper - and made of REAL Wood, not particle board. Look much nicer as well.

Also selling off my Oakley Cases and buying IKEA 'Detolf' Cases (only $69 ea!) as they are easier to rearrange and look nice with the Hemnes Bookcases.

I also got one 'Pax' corner closet unit (Musial Jersey) to tie it together - can't fit a second one in the other corner...

Just wanted to share if anyone needs ideas.

** On the Hemnes cases, I mounted the 'fixed' shelf lower so the opening could accomodate my bat/ball cases from Michaels. **
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Re: Man Cave Make Over

awesome setup. I just did the same thing on shelving. you always think you have enough room until a few months later when you find new items lol

I just had a shadow box coffee table custom built, cant wait to see how it looks in the man cave with some of my game used items in it

Very nice! I did the same thing and picked up one of the Detolf cases to display some of my Zimmerman items in. I still have to add the display light to the top, but I really like how it turned out.

Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper
    http://s927.photobucket.com/user/amgmap/library/
    amgmap@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Slowly swapping out (upgrading) all of my Walmart 'Lockers' ($25.00 - 5 Shelf Black Bookcases) for IKEA 'Lockers' ($150.00 'Hemnes' - Espresso Bookcases).

Taller, Wider, Deeper - and made of REAL Wood, not particle board. Look much nicer as well.

Also selling off my Oakley Cases and buying IKEA 'Detolf' Cases (only $69 ea!) as they are easier to rearrange and look nice with the Hemnes Bookcases.

I also got one 'Pax' corner closet unit (Musial Jersey) to tie it together - can't fit a second one in the other corner...

Just wanted to share if anyone needs ideas.

** On the Hemnes cases, I mounted the 'fixed' shelf lower so the opening could accomodate my bat/ball cases from Michaels. **
    Thanks for sharing. You can clearly see the difference on the shelves' quality, and they look really nice!

Is the 1902 Cleveland hat you have game used and from the same player as the jersey/pants? If so, where did you get it from? Was it directly from Kris? I have the jersey, pants & belt, but have not been able to find the hat.

Smitty, very nicely done! Love the pairings and the mannequins…really sharp look and shows well.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

Never nice! Can't wait until my basement is finished so I can move my stuff into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctempleton View Post
    awesome setup. I just did the same thing on shelving. you always think you have enough room until a few months later when you find new items lol

I just had a shadow box coffee table custom built, cant wait to see how it looks in the man cave with some of my game used items in it
    Thanks! Let's see that table when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by amgmap View Post
    Very nice! I did the same thing and picked up one of the Detolf cases to display some of my Zimmerman items in. I still have to add the display light to the top, but I really like how it turned out.

Thanks! Yeah, the Detolf are inexpensive, quick and easy to assemble and they look really nice.

Also, the shelf spacing is awesome for helmets or larger items!

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    Thanks for sharing. You can clearly see the difference on the shelves' quality, and they look really nice!

Is the 1902 Cleveland hat you have game used and from the same player as the jersey/pants? If so, where did you get it from? Was it directly from Kris? I have the jersey, pants & belt, but have not been able to find the hat.
    Thanks!

Yes the 1902 uni is from Kris - it's Giambi's. The hat is an unused 'extra'. I told Kris for the cost of the uni, I wanted a hat as well and he dug one up, so it came with everything else. Need to buy some black baseball socks to finish it out.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    Smitty, very nicely done! Love the pairings and the mannequins…really sharp look and shows well.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

Tom -

Thanks! I like groupings (pairings) and usually go for Jersey, Hat, Bat and Ball. I have a few complete unis (Pants, Belt, etc) as well as some Helmets.