Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How screwed Am I ???? Shipping To Canada

I'd contact the buyer and make sure they are home to grab it right when it comes. I wouldn't want it sitting on their front doorstep all day.

eBay has their global shipping program - all you should of had to was send it to them and they charge the buyer the true shipping for international packages. Once it gets to the global shipping place you are out of the woods - you can't lose money for it being lost or stolen - it's all on the global shipping place.
    With that Canada is almost like sending it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    So to make a long story short i usually do not sell many items let alone on Ebay. Well I needed a few extra bucks. Put up a jersey and it sold for 650.00 buy it now to a fellow I have dealt before in Canada.

I leave a note for the wife to get insurance for 600.00 this morning on top of the package with the customs forms all filled out. I call the wife "Thanks for mailing my package and did you make sure to get insurance ?" dead silence on the other end of the phone. Now I know that is not good.

Needless to say it is being shipped to Canada with no insurance and a full declared value.

Any bets if it makes it ?

A few sleepless days await
    canadians are real honest. take the wife out to the movies and relax
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Taking her and the little one out for dinner tonight then to a Seattle Thunderbirds game. Should be a good time.

It's not really the person I worry about as much as the postal workers.

So a quick update. The package has not been updated since the 26th. It currently just says "customs clearance processing complete" should I expect some kind of update?

So a quick update. The package has not been updated since the 26th. It currently just says "customs clearance processing complete" should I expect some kind of update?
    Don't be surprised if it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, or longer.

Even if it was sent priority? I thought it would be a shorter time frame.

Even if it was sent priority? I thought it would be a shorter time frame.
    I personally have sent something priority and took much longer than I thought. I bought a baseball card from Canada and it took almost a month to get.

I don't send or buy from many other places, but it seems like Canada is real picky with what comes in and leaves there.

priority doesnt offer door to door delivery confirmation, so you might not get any additional updates from here on

as to whether it shows delivered, that depends on the mood of the postal carrier that particular day. it's generally a crap shoot...but again, it doesnt really matter at this point.

it can show delivered, but if you dont have a signature (because of the amount of the transaction), if the buyer wants to screw you, he or she can.

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    eBay has their global shipping program - all you should of had to was send it to them and they charge the buyer the true shipping for international packages. Once it gets to the global shipping place you are out of the woods - you can't lose money for it being lost or stolen - it's all on the global shipping place.
    With that Canada is almost like sending it here.
    That program is a joke and not even close to real costs.