Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My first game-used pick up, with a question!

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe78 View Post
    not sure if it's a match.. can't really tell from your photos on where the crack is but this is from 7/3 against the rockies

This looks absolutely dead-on with the location of the crack. I'm going to try and zoom in on some identifying marks to see if i can find anything inconclusive. I'm not sure how common it is to have a crack split the bat in half from the handle through the barrel, so there may be similar Craig bats like this. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    http://www.realclearsports.com/video...len_craig.html

You need to thank me if this is it...

I'm a Reds fan!

GO REDS!

I believe this is it... good luck collecting.
    That's not the same bat. The bat in the video is a playoff bat and has been purchased from the team store very early in the 2013 season and sold to another collector. I was searching high and low for this bat and someone beat me to it.

When I saw the video it was late and the break looked the same, but I noticed Allen Craigs name looked like it was untouched in the photos and when I looked closer at the video I noticed the break looked to be on his name.

The search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by cekirsch129 View Post
    This looks absolutely dead-on with the location of the crack. I'm going to try and zoom in on some identifying marks to see if i can find anything inconclusive. I'm not sure how common it is to have a crack split the bat in half from the handle through the barrel, so there may be similar Craig bats like this. Thanks for the help!
    It looks like the same style of break, however if you look at the picture its a really sharp break. Yours looks like it has a good portion of the end of it where its broken, and wouldnt be quite that sharp. Also looks like the tar is a bit darker in the picture, but that can always be lighting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotystl View Post
    It looks like the same style of break, however if you look at the picture its a really sharp break. Yours looks like it has a good portion of the end of it where its broken, and wouldnt be quite that sharp. Also looks like the tar is a bit darker in the picture, but that can always be lighting too.
    You are correct, I just noticed that myself as I was looking at it more closely... the search continues!