Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Question Piazza/Clemens bat: Your thoughts?

Heritage has the bat barrel that Roger Clemens threw at Mike Piazza during the 2000 World Series in their upcoming auction. Opening at $1K, it's already up to $4K. Is this something you'd want or not want, and why? Personally, a bat barrel, with the rest of the bat broken off, doesn't do anything for me, but that may just be me.

Dave Miedema

Re: Piazza/Clemens bat: Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Heritage has the bat barrel that Roger Clemens threw at Mike Piazza during the 2000 World Series in their upcoming auction. Opening at $1K, it's already up to $4K. Is this something you'd want or not want, and why? Personally, a bat barrel, with the rest of the bat broken off, doesn't do anything for me, but that may just be me.

Dave Miedema
    I think the value here is in the backstory and controversy. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 15-20k.

That is the first time I said he must be on something.
    I would really like to know why he wasn't thrown out of the game and suspended from baseball for throwing a bat barrel at another player.
    Could you imagine if a batter threw his bat at a pitcher?

It might be one of the better examples of the steroid era. Only a player out of his mind would react like that and then claim he just thought it was the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    It might be one of the better examples of the steroid era. Only a player out of his mind would react like that and then claim he just thought it was the ball?
    Ben -

Even that comment from Clemens made no sense - then or now. Hr had played the game since he was a kid - since when do you throw the ball 'AT' a player running down the baseline?

- Smitty

Come on, Clemens thought it was the ball. hahaha

As the new owner of the Kyle's Kurt Abbott bat barrel from that WS I would love to have the Piazza barrel to match

However for the price that it's estimated to go for (> 10K) it makes no sense to sink that amount of money in a single item when one can get several older quality items for same $$.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I think this piece is Hall of Fame worthy. The most infamous bat barrel ever would unequivocally trump a full uncracked gamer for me. I would love to own that barrel. The epitome of steroid rage! Museum worthy for sure IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Ben -

Even that comment from Clemens made no sense - then or now. Hr had played the game since he was a kid - since when do you throw the ball 'AT' a player running down the baseline?

- Smitty
    Dodgeball flashback?

You can see the same anger and intensity in the faces!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.