Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Eli and Giants Fake Memorabilia lawsuit

Fox News did a story earlier today on the Eli helmet, with Geraldo. Hopefully the situation gets worked out.

Geraldo will get to the bottom of it. haha

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/02/06...abilia-lawsuit

Geraldo will that's the thing now that this is gaining all this publicity it cannot just get swept under the carpet.

My real fear is people coming out of the wood work and making these types of claims about other teams/players. This could open a whole can of worms.

Geraldo brings up a valid point on Eli's statement.

Again, this entire fiasco goes back to the fact that the NFL has no league-wide independent authentication system in place.

The MLB system was set up on the tenets used by CPAs in auditing for independent control and proper handling of inventory. As a CPA, I could set up a system that is as close to tamper proof as possible. Safeguards are put in place. The NFL must adopt this system. With my experience working directly with MLB Authenticators and now working inside the stadium, I am proud when I offer MLB authenticated items for sale because I have 100% confidence it is legitimate game used if the authentication says that. For the 1,000's of items we have handled, the issues are never on authenticity, just some minor issues on description. That's how the system is supposed to work and generally through research the descriptions are corrected.

While I have no direct knowledge of any of the questionable items here, I was contacted by a few journalists asking me specifically about authentication and how it works.

Any time the NFL wants to contact me on setting up an authentication system, my contact info is below
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Michael O'keefe of the NY Daily News just contacted me on this story. He would like to hear from some of you that own substantial Giants collections with Eli Manning game used items in them.

He said I could post his phone number which is[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] 917-796-9643 [/FONT]
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Thanks, I already spoke with him..

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post
    Thanks, I already spoke with him..
    Yes, he told me that. I'm glad you spoke to him.

I spoke to a gentleman with the last name of Lee who called me last week. I don't have your number but if you read this give Mr. O'Keefe a call. You had some good information.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Bump

Looks like we have an update in this case: "A federal judge in Newark ruled Tuesday that Eric Inselberg can proceed with his lawsuit in state court."

Technically, I don't think it can be classified as a case, yet. All the judge did was determine the jurisdiction within which the case should be filed.