Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Eli and Giants Fake Memorabilia lawsuit

"...Joe Skiba sent Manning an email saying: “Let me know what your looking for I’ll try to get something down for you…”, court papers say.

“2 helmets that can pass as game used. That is it. Eli,” Manning allegedly responded from his BlackBerry at 2:08 p.m

http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/heres-p...abilia-scheme/

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    "...Joe Skiba sent Manning an email saying: “Let me know what your looking for I’ll try to get something down for you…”, court papers say.

“2 helmets that can pass as game used. That is it. Eli,” Manning allegedly responded from his BlackBerry at 2:08 p.m

http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/heres-p...abilia-scheme/
    They are so F'd. I hope Eric takes them to the cleaners.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

What if anything do you think the NFL will do to Manning or the Giants? I know they are both NFL "royalty" so I figure they won't do anything. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    They are so F'd. I hope Eric takes them to the cleaners.
    Given Brandon isn't involved in the suit, I'm curious about his position on all of this. If Eric's claims are factual, wouldn't Brandon be the one who actually has a breach of contract suit to claim against Eli?

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    What if anything do you think the NFL will do to Manning or the Giants? I know they are both NFL "royalty" so I figure they won't do anything. Thoughts?
    Nothing. Tom Brady would have been hung.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer Madden View Post
    Nothing. Tom Brady would have been hung.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWalkerFan View Post
    Given Brandon isn't involved in the suit, I'm curious about his position on all of this. If Eric's claims are factual, wouldn't Brandon be the one who actually has a breach of contract suit to claim against Eli?
    I think they need to sue to maintain face. I have a hard time understanding why they haven't made a public statement on this since they have the most to lose.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Wasn't there actually a case with a member years ago that bought a Brady jersey that said it was game used. But he found out it wasn't and actually made a deal to send it back to Brady and he wore it during s game. I remember a thread about it but can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Wasn't there actually a case with a member years ago that bought a Brady jersey that said it was game used. But he found out it wasn't and actually made a deal to send it back to Brady and he wore it during s game. I remember a thread about it but can't find it.
    I recall that thread too but couldn't find it . . .

I'd assume Steiner needs to do pursue some recourse here (probably waiting for the outcome)—it goes toward this incident possibly eroding trust in the authenticity of their items (certainly Manning ones).

But I'm more curious how this affects players and their items going forward. If Manning gets "in trouble" for keeping something that many players feel are already theirs (helmets, jerseys, etc)—will a majority of players start complaining about monetizing their equipment. I've heard there have been grumblings for years in baseball and they seem to be ramping up quick . . .