X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buccaneer Madden
    • Sep 2014

Re: Eli and Giants Fake Memorabilia lawsuit

Originally posted by NEFAN
    What if anything do you think the NFL will do to Manning or the Giants? I know they are both NFL "royalty" so I figure they won't do anything. Thoughts?
    Nothing. Tom Brady would have been hung.

Comment

• NEFAN
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Buccaneer Madden
      Nothing. Tom Brady would have been hung.
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• ivo610
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by LarryWalkerFan
        Given Brandon isn't involved in the suit, I'm curious about his position on all of this. If Eric's claims are factual, wouldn't Brandon be the one who actually has a breach of contract suit to claim against Eli?
        I think they need to sue to maintain face. I have a hard time understanding why they haven't made a public statement on this since they have the most to lose.
        Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Wasn't there actually a case with a member years ago that bought a Brady jersey that said it was game used. But he found out it wasn't and actually made a deal to send it back to Brady and he wore it during s game. I remember a thread about it but can't find it.

Comment

• emann
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by yanks12025
            Wasn't there actually a case with a member years ago that bought a Brady jersey that said it was game used. But he found out it wasn't and actually made a deal to send it back to Brady and he wore it during s game. I remember a thread about it but can't find it.
            I recall that thread too but couldn't find it . . .

I'd assume Steiner needs to do pursue some recourse here (probably waiting for the outcome)—it goes toward this incident possibly eroding trust in the authenticity of their items (certainly Manning ones).

But I'm more curious how this affects players and their items going forward. If Manning gets "in trouble" for keeping something that many players feel are already theirs (helmets, jerseys, etc)—will a majority of players start complaining about monetizing their equipment. I've heard there have been grumblings for years in baseball and they seem to be ramping up quick . . .

Comment

• Phil316
              • May 2013

Should be down the page a bit. Mulligans

"To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!"

Comment

• ivo610
                • Dec 2009

Steiner addressed the issue a little bit today during a Facebook live feed. Basically said they are looking into it and no one should worry bc it's only a handful of items, "less than a dozen".
                Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• LarryWalkerFan
                  • Sep 2016

Last I heard, Steiner is offering full refunds up until a determination is made. I think it's good of him to step forward like this.

Comment

Working...