Let's have a discussion/opinions please...How much is too much?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesteelcurtain58
    • Nov 2013

Re: Let's have a discussion/opinions please...How much is too much?

Also Paul,

Have you considered GU helmets of young's? Or any BYU gear? I'm not sure I've come across any of his byu gear.

Comment

• solarlottry
      • Jan 2009

I am actively looking for any Steve Young game worn items. I would love to find a USFL gamer plus a Tampa. Bay gamer. Grey Flannel had a Young USFL uniform a couple years ago which I did not bid on and regret not doing so. I have been told by Tampa Bay collectors that Young game worn TB items have never surfaced although I am sure a lucky collector has one. The only Young TB item I have ever seen was a locker room nameplate. I have never seen a Young BYU shirt.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really appreciate it.

Next I will post the Ricky Watters collection which is 12 or 13 gamers.

Always buying 49er game worn items!
      Paul
      garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• Steeleraddict
        • Nov 2012

Too much is when you win a HOF quarterback's jersey. Upon delivery, you open the box, peak in without unfolding it or removing it from the plastic bag, and then tossing the whole box into a corner. Where it sits for a few weeks so far. Definitely.

Comment

• gingi79
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steeleraddict
          Too much is when you win a HOF quarterback's jersey. Upon delivery, you open the box, peak in without unfolding it or removing it from the plastic bag, and then tossing the whole box into a corner. Where it sits for a few weeks so far. Definitely.
          I agree with this sentiment (and I got the jest at yourself). When you get an item and it becomes just another for the collection, you're done.

If the anticipation of getting your 15th style for the same guy in the mail still makes you giddy, keep looking for #16
          Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• Steeleraddict
            • Nov 2012

Gingi79,

there are still Steeler items that get me excited to get them. Even, say,first or second year defensive players due to their potential.
            And i still love discovering an item that would go great in my collection that I hadnt thought of. Even when that day comes when I tire of it, I dont see me selling any. Maybe some of the pricier ones. One or two I may literally take to my grave. Ha.

Comment

• net0@thehalf
              Banned
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by thesteelcurtain58
              Also Paul,

Have you considered GU helmets of young's? Or any BYU gear? I'm not sure I've come across any of his byu gear.
              What is your email address?

Comment

• spartanservitto
                • May 2010

I collect players I like/ will be either remembered as great or a HOFer. I'll buy what's nice and at the right price.
                sigpic
                Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                  • Nov 2012

I'm leaning towards more big name star vs anyone that plays for the steelers. Although they're rare in and of itself.

At the right price? I don't think that has ever stopped me before. Ha and ugh

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                    • Dec 2009

Here's my Kurt Suzuki game issued/used jersey collection. I had been looking for one of Kurt's jersey for 2 years without any luck. Then in the last year and a half I was able to add a bunch of them to my Kurt Suzuki collection. I am still looking for a few pairs of his pants. I wonder what the team does with all of the pants?

I had to refold them so I decided to take a few pics of them. Here's how I store them. The are folded & wraped in lignin free tissue paper.
                    I don't hang my jerseys because they will stretch out of shape at the shoulder area. It's best to fold them & refold every 6 months
                    sigpic

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                      • Nov 2012

Wow. Speechless.....awesome collection. Great to see. Thx for sharing.

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                        • Mar 2010

So how many Suzuki items do you own altogether and how much of it is on display? My University of Hawaii alumni collection numbers around 105 jerseys and 9 helmets. All the helmets are on display along with 26 jerseys (13 on mannequins and 13 in shadow frames). I rotate some of the jerseys each month. I also have game cleats and gloves on display along with 53 custom McFarlanes. Most of the McFarlanes show the players in the jerseys I have in my collection.

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by beaglegypsy003
                          So how many Suzuki items do you own altogether and how much of it is on display? My University of Hawaii alumni collection numbers around 105 jerseys and 9 helmets. All the helmets are on display along with 26 jerseys (13 on mannequins and 13 in shadow frames). I rotate some of the jerseys each month. I also have game cleats and gloves on display along with 53 custom McFarlanes. Most of the McFarlanes show the players in the jerseys I have in my collection.
                          WOW!!! My Suzuki collection pales in comparison to your UH collection. Currently I don't have much of the collection on display. I still need to do some remodeling, which has been on hold for a while. I had a few surgeries & numerous medical expenses in the past 3 years. I hope to do the remodeling over the summer so that I can properly display the Suzuki collection.

I have been looking for a few mannequins but the shipping cost more than the mannequins it self. I haven't had much luck in finding used ones either. On the McFarlanes, do you do your own customizing? I was thing of finding someone to to a custom Suzuki for me.

Here's a link for my Suzuki & Hawaii born athletes collection. My wife does the website for me.
                          Welcome to a Kurt Suzuki fan-built website
                          sigpic

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                            • Mar 2010

Right now I have lots of time to work on my collection since I'm at home recovering from from second shoulder surgery in two years. My father passed away last year and to help me deal with the situation, I decided to convert a room into my UH display area. I've been communicating with some ex-UH football players from the early 80s and getting things autographed by them. In fact former UH kicker Jim Asmus came to the house in January to see my display which included his USFL jersey from the Arizona Wranglers. He signed his jersey and a USFL football for me. He also dropped off a Wranglers mini helmet I sent him to sign along with a Dallas Cowboys mini signed by Gary Allen. I do my own customized McFarlanes but only for myself. I can send you a local contact that does custom orders. Your best bet to find mannequins is when a store goes out of business. Not exactly cheap (I paid on average of $70 each) but lucked out the last time when it was for free.

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                              • Mar 2010

Nice website and a terrific collection. If you Google search 808 Sports Customz you will be able to see a gallery of the type of work they do with custom McFarlanes. I didn't see any Kurt Suzuki but did see some baseball figures. For my figurines, I cut a rectangular piece of styrene plastic 14th inches for the player to sign on and secure it to the plastic base. I'm also able to mail the styrene pieces to the player for them to autograph and mail back to me in a SASE.

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                                • Mar 2010

Sorry for the auto correct. It suppose to say 1x4 inches for the dimensions of the styrene piece. You can see pictures of some of my custom McFarlanes on page 167 on Show Me Your NFL thread. I have pictures of the Jeris White; Walter Murray; and Adrian Klemm pieces I made.

Comment

Working...