Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Let's have a discussion/opinions please...How much is too much?

Seriously, how much is too much of a player? Ex, I have an Indy manning, Denver home and away manning. Do I really need an alternate jersey too?
    Some of you guys have awesome bat collections. I have two pujols bats and that's enough for me. I have a home Rodgers jersey and trying to decide if i want to bid on the away jersey. I like him a lot but he's not a Steeler. Also, for some reason I have something like 4 ward jerseys.
    This def is not meant to brag. Please believe me. My collection pales to some of yours.
    Of my fav MLB player I have a home, away, alternate and a couple other jerseys due to different important patches. It gets so I just have rows of the same guy.
    I'm asking where do you guys draw the line? Is this boardering on hoarding? I've never sold one that I cam remember. I'd hate to get where I have essentially the same looking jersey except one may be from an important statistical game...too much for me.
    I have a home jersey of a favorite player and now an away jersey is up for auction. It's ok looking but will cost probably a lot. it just never seems to end the amount of gear available. Even Steeler gear which is notoriously tight. Although becoming more prevalent lately.
    I'd really like input from guys with those awesome bat collections. I remember one guy had just a crazy number of pujols bats. Very nice.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!!

Re: Let's have a discussion/opinions please...How much is too much?

I think if your collecting one player or maybe even one team, the sky is the limit, you get any quality piece you can. But with a collection that crosses different teams, sports, (I.e. if you just collect anything you like and don't have a real focus) I don't know why you would want multiples of same styles jerseys, bats, etc. But for a huge Manning fan or collector, yes, you need the alternate jersey if you have the means and opportunity to acquire it!!!!

I think you probably have to much Steelers stuff. Mostly with four Ward jerseys, you better go ahead and send one my way!! Haha

The Manning jersey, you need. It would just make sense to me to have the different styles and would display well. Now player bats, if the player is a favorite, I'd only collect different models/brands to fill the collection, unless it was a documented milestone bat. Otherwise I would collect different players. But you know, if the item is a good deal it sometimes is difficult to walk away! Even if you already own one.

As a player collector, enough is when I have one of each style jersey my two guys have worn.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Its never enough until you say its enough, its your collection.

I'm not a player collector, I'm a team collector so I never have enough Mets/Dolphins/Devils/NJ Generals stuff.

Aaron Rodgers called me last night
    He said he really wants you to have his road jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
    Its never enough until you say its enough, its your collection.

I'm not a player collector, I'm a team collector so I never have enough Mets/Dolphins/Devils/NJ Generals stuff.
    This, but substitute game worn Florida State football jerseys.

I collect alumni of my school so I'm not stuck with any particular team. The most jerseys I have of a single player is of Maa Tanuvasa with four. One is a team issued Denver Broncos orange crush jersey, the second is the style which replaced it, third is a practice jersey, and the last is a San Diego Chargers home. I would buy jerseys of different teams that they played for. Price also plays into it. You buy a duplicate and later something you really want pops up and now you don't have the funds for it. The most important thing is to buy what you enjoy.

Banned

No such thing as too much.
    If you want to see a forum member's amazing Tony Gwynn collection (not mine) check out my website for pics.