Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    As a person who has lived most of her life in Seattle, I find this comment to be very insulting. Is it "terrible for the rest of the country," for a team to win its first Superbowl? For the first Seattle team to win a major sports championship, since the Sonics did in the 1970s? How many Superbowls does Peyton Manning need to win?

This championship means at lot to the city of Seattle, not just to big sports fans. You would not believe the amount of people dressed in Seahawks gear, from little kids to old men and women. You would not believe how much our city has come together through the 'Hawks. It's great for the city, and I can't see one reason why this is "terrible" for the NFL, or for the rest of the country.

What is your basis for this sentiment? I just don't get it.

Relax....I'm sure he just means it wasn't a close competitive game. Game was over at halftime. If your not a broncos or Seahawks fan you probably want to see a close game being played instead of a game being dominated by one team.

If it wasn't for block pools and betting most of the people watching would have turned it off or just not paid attention, I know it happened at the party I was at.

I would think it wasn't a shot at the city of Seattle or its fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone79 View Post
    Very valid points. But still, Brady has been in 5 SB's and won 3. He could easily be 5 of 5 had a couple plays been different. He has the ability to win the big games. Stats are great, but being able to deliver when it matters most isn't something that has a number. But you are totally right that many things went wrong besides Manning tonight.

Brady could also easily be 0-5 in superbowls "had a couple plays been different" lots of coulda, woulda shoulda.

In my opinion their is no clear #1 QB of all time...just all time greats top 5, top 10....its what makes the debate so great for us fans.

Greatest ever is debatable in all sports except Basketball(Jordan) and Hockey(Gretzky) IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Greg -

I could have accepted the FG - they were within range. But there was too much time to end the game. Going for it made it appear as though they wanted another TD.

That's what bothered me.

- Smitty
    if you dont want a team going for it on 4th down...stop them. This is a grown man's game. You see Peyton padding his stats in the last regular season game verus the Raiders.

PS. I am not a Seahawks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    But then again, I am happy to see the Floyd "Chicken" Feather dropped $10.4 millions on the Broncos. That is a little over the top bet for me.
    He didn't actually make that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by RKO18 View Post
    Tough loss, but tough to pin it on Peyton when the rest of his team played so badly.

*Manning's 34 pass completions broke the all-time Super Bowl record (32) held by Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
    *Manning passed Tom Brady to become the NFL's all-time leading passer in the postseason with 6,589 passing yards.
    *Manning's postseason passer rating (89.2) is still higher than Brady (87.5), Roethlisberger (83.7) and Elway (79.7).

You just can't expect to win a Super Bowl when your running game yields 1.9 yards-per-carry, your defense allows the opponent to score at will, your special teams gives up a kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half and your center snaps the ball into an immediate safety to begin the game.

Peyton's all time superbowl QB rating in 3 games is: 49.8 (3 td's 4 int's)

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

And right after the first play of the game - all my superbowl boxes are down the drain. That was the final hope for me for the night!
    +100

Couldn't believe my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by bdeol44 View Post
    if you dont want a team going for it on 4th down...stop them. This is a grown man's game. You see Peyton padding his stats in the last regular season game verus the Raiders.

PS. I am not a Seahawks fan.
    I'm not talking 4th down when it's early in the game and you're inside the Red Zone. I'm not talking 4th down when it's a close game and the points could really make a difference.

I'm talking about SPORTSMANSHIP, when you're up by 35 with less than two minutes remaining and it's 4th down, most teams would kick the FG, not try to pour more salt on the open wound.

That said, I think John Fox made a bad decision to go for it on 4th and whatever at the end of the 1st half down 22-0. Should have taken the Field Goal and gone to the Locker Room with points on the board rather than a Goose Egg. Might not have changed the outcome, but definately couldn't have hurt the morale of the Broncos to have had something to show for the 1st half.

Anyway, I live in Denver - doesn't make me a Broncos fan. It wouldn't have mattered what team did that to any other team - it's still a classless move.

IMO it was a very Unsportsmanlike and very classless move.

Quote Originally Posted by bdeol44 View Post
    Peyton's all time superbowl QB rating in 3 games is: 49.8 (3 td's 4 int's)
    Your stats are off.

Manning is 90 of 132 (68.2) for 860 yards, 3 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

That brings his career Super Bowl quarterback rating to 80.1 not 49.8

While far from perfect, it's worth mentioning that his 68.2 completion percentage ranks 2nd in Super Bowl history amongst quarterbacks who have played in multiple Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I'm not talking 4th down when it's early in the game and you're inside the Red Zone. I'm not talking 4th down when it's a close game and the points could really make a difference.

I'm talking about SPORTSMANSHIP, when you're up by 35 with less than two minutes remaining and it's 4th down, most teams would kick the FG, not try to pour more salt on the open wound.

That said, I think John Fox made a bad decision to go for it on 4th and whatever at the end of the 1st half down 22-0. Should have taken the Field Goal and gone to the Locker Room with points on the board rather than a Goose Egg. Might not have changed the outcome, but definately couldn't have hurt the morale of the Broncos to have had something to show for the 1st half.

Anyway, I live in Denver - doesn't make me a Broncos fan. It wouldn't have mattered what team did that to any other team - it's still a classless move.

IMO it was a very Unsportsmanlike and very classless move.
    nothing new from carroll... (although this is coming from a niners fan) and a main reason why most people don't like them