Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

Worst Super Bowl in years!Manning can break records,but nowhere near Montana in the big games.Bradshaw either.That super bowl sucked unless you are a Seahawks fan & some Raiders fans

Quote Originally Posted by RKO18 View Post
    Your stats are off.

Manning is 90 of 132 (68.2) for 860 yards, 3 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

That brings his career Super Bowl quarterback rating to 80.1 not 49.8

While far from perfect, it's worth mentioning that his 68.2 completion percentage ranks 2nd in Super Bowl history amongst quarterbacks who have played in multiple Super Bowls.
    My apologies you are correct. I was looking at "QBR" rating.

Somethings stats are diluted, such as the record for most Super Bowl completions last night. When your playing from behind and throwing 5 yard passes all night, you will set a completions record. Look at Demaryius Thomas receiving record set last night as another example.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    As a person who has lived most of her life in Seattle, I find this comment to be very insulting. Is it "terrible for the rest of the country," for a team to win its first Superbowl? For the first Seattle team to win a major sports championship, since the Sonics did in the 1970s? How many Superbowls does Peyton Manning need to win?

This championship means at lot to the city of Seattle, not just to big sports fans. You would not believe the amount of people dressed in Seahawks gear, from little kids to old men and women. You would not believe how much our city has come together through the 'Hawks. It's great for the city, and I can't see one reason why this is "terrible" for the NFL, or for the rest of the country.

What is your basis for this sentiment? I just don't get it.

Hey, at least now you got CANO. Hopefully, his stuff will be affordable instead of untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by akrover View Post
    He didn't actually make that bet.

He is a notorious gambler. And being known as such, he only showoff on winning bets and denied on losing ones.

That is natural.

I thought it was a good bet at the beginning too - and if I had the same funds, I would have done the same thing. And when people asked me about it after the game, I would say "What? I would never ever do that."

Quote Originally Posted by bdeol44 View Post
    Brady could also easily be 0-5 in superbowls "had a couple plays been different" lots of coulda, woulda shoulda.

In my opinion their is no clear #1 QB of all time...just all time greats top 5, top 10....its what makes the debate so great for us fans.

Greatest ever is debatable in all sports except Basketball(Jordan) and Hockey(Gretzky) IMHO
    I can agree on all of that. I'm happy with a top 5.

The QB I most admired was Jim Plunkett.

Banned

Smile Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

Although I was rooting for Denver, I do admit to having interest in Seattle QB Russell Wilson. If you're a GU jersey collector, how can you not? Loo at his name...two former NFL uniform suppliers!

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Although I was rooting for Denver, I do admit to having interest in Seattle QB Russell Wilson. If you're a GU jersey collector, how can you not? Loo at his name...two former NFL uniform suppliers!

Dave Miedema
    LOL, imagine trying to do a search for threads related to Russell Wilson on GUU.

LOL at the Manning apologists. People forget that in the 2 Brady losses he still drove down the field and took the lead with under 2 minutes left.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    Nice Dave! Trust you to run with that. You can tell where you mind goes. Addicted to jerseys like a few of us.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca