Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

Great for Seahawks fans
    terrible for rest of the country.
    although I wish I was in NYC and bought that Russell WIlson GU jersey that didn't meet reserve yesterday

Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

It was a bore-fest, at best.

I stopped watching at half-time.

If anything, I thought ELI was playing instead of Peyton. That was just beyond NUTS.

Felt a little bad for Peyton. That's a tough way to end such a great season. From that first snap you knew it was going to be a tough day. He's definitely the greatest regular season QB...not the greatest playoff QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Great for Seahawks fans
    although I wish I was in NYC and bought that Russell WIlson GU jersey that didn't meet reserve yesterday

I don't know who should feel more cheated. Peyton fans for that performance of Eli for faking game used gear.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Red face Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

I dunno sometimes you just have to enjoy a classic dominating beat down.

> He's definitely the greatest regular season QB...not the greatest playoff QB.

I think Aaron Rodgers still holds the best single season QBR in the NFL. Manning is a great QB but not sure about the best regular season.

I was certainly wondering how a loss would impact the value of his jersey. I'm sort of stunned one sold for 29k yesterday and that Wilson didnt. I agree with the above poster I would have loved to have bid on that one that didnt sell! Double your money in the spot! Anyway a loss may mean my Rodgers gets more bids now!

That game sealed it for me. I will never watch another NFL football game. Period. I'm done. It's been a long time coming, I've debated it, but I've finally had enough.

Dunzo.

I wish football was like baseball and when the score is ran up the players switched positions.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Great for Seahawks fans
    As a person who has lived most of her life in Seattle, I find this comment to be very insulting. Is it "terrible for the rest of the country," for a team to win its first Superbowl? For the first Seattle team to win a major sports championship, since the Sonics did in the 1970s? How many Superbowls does Peyton Manning need to win?

This championship means at lot to the city of Seattle, not just to big sports fans. You would not believe the amount of people dressed in Seahawks gear, from little kids to old men and women. You would not believe how much our city has come together through the 'Hawks. It's great for the city, and I can't see one reason why this is "terrible" for the NFL, or for the rest of the country.

What is your basis for this sentiment? I just don't get it.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    As a person who has lived most of her life in Seattle, I find this comment to be very insulting. Is it "terrible for the rest of the country," for a team to win its first Superbowl? For the first Seattle team to win a major sports championship, since the Sonics did in the 1970s? How many Superbowls does Peyton Manning need to win?

This championship means at lot to the city of Seattle, not just to big sports fans. You would not believe the amount of people dressed in Seahawks gear, from little kids to old men and women. You would not believe how much our city has come together through the 'Hawks. It's great for the city, and I can't see one reason why this is "terrible" for the NFL, or for the rest of the country.

What is your basis for this sentiment? I just don't get it.

Relax....I'm sure he just means it wasn't a close competitive game. Game was over at halftime. If your not a broncos or Seahawks fan you probably want to see a close game being played instead of a game being dominated by one team.

If it wasn't for block pools and betting most of the people watching would have turned it off or just not paid attention, I know it happened at the party I was at.

I would think it wasn't a shot at the city of Seattle or its fans.