X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chess2899
    • Feb 2014

Re: Frank Thomas HOF rookie game worn cap

Originally posted by stasman
    Does anybody know how long it takes for the HOF to respond after you mail them info on an item you want to donate?
    Don't donate your hat. Enjoy it but you can loan it. I would call the lady specified in this thread.

Comment

• Roady
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Chess2899
      Don't donate your hat. Enjoy it but you can loan it. I would call the lady specified in this thread.
      Good point. Specify loan not donate.

Comment

• stasman
        • Dec 2011

Yep. Sorry. I did say loan in my paperwork to them. I'm curious if they read it quick or if their committee only meets once a month it so.. I hope they respond either way.

Comment

• stasman
          • Dec 2011

I did call her and she said she would pass it on the Franks curator. Haven't heard back yet.

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Roady
            Originally Posted by TwinLakesPark View Post
            I will make a deal with you. Send it in to PSA/DNA for authentication of the signature. If it comes back real (which it will not), I will pay the authentication fee.

Did TwinLakesPark ever pay you for the authentication fee?
            Last time I checked, the hat was not submitted to PSA/DNA for the authentication of the autograph...

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Roady
              A man of his word I see.
              This is one of the reasons I really hate this site sometimes, you don't even know me or who I am. You have no idea whatsoever as to my character. If you would like to get to know me and start making posts relative to who I am, I would suggest you get on a plane and fly to Tampa, instead of hiding behind a computer. I will be happy to sit down and have lunch with you one day so that you can get to know me.

A deal is deal, but there was no autograph submitted to PSA/DNA. If your rebuttal is that Frank's recognition is just a good, then maybe we should start asking Wade Boggs about his stuff...

Comment

• Hoosier39
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by TwinLakesPark
                This is one of the reasons I really hate this site sometimes, you don't even know me or who I am. You have no idea whatsoever as to my character. If you would like to get to know me and start making posts relative to who I am, I would suggest you get on a plane and fly to Tampa, instead of hiding behind a computer. I will be happy to sit down and have lunch with you one day so that you can get to know me.

A deal is deal, but there was no autograph submitted to PSA/DNA. If your rebuttal is that Frank's recognition is just a good, then maybe we should start asking Wade Boggs about his stuff...
                Come on now, don't use my Wade Boggs line from earlier in the post.

Really tho, I actually agree with you for the most part. Players have known to be wrong on things. Not saying he was wrong, just saying it happens. Like with Boggs.

Comment

• Roady
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TwinLakesPark

I know I don't see hopping on a plane to come see me.
                  I know your behind a computer bravely making claims that you cannot back up.
                  I know I am not the only one in this thread to question if you paid.
                  I know you are being super defensive and focusing it on me alone.
                  I know that I didn't belittle the mans item.

And post 196 of this thread says PSA authenticated the signature. Now i just assumed it was for both, maybe it was for the new one only. stasman can clear that up.

I don't need to see you make good on our word. I don't need to see you apologize to stasman, it wouldn't make any difference now. Your words have shown your true character.

Comment

• Roady
                    • Jun 2012

I meant post 134 of this thread not 196
                    "There's the 1990 rookie auto and today he signed it and added GU 1990. PSA/DNA also authenticated it."

Comment

• Roady
                      • Jun 2012

Now that I have had few moments to collect myself and think more rationally I would like to apologize to everyone.
                      I should not have questioned if TwinsLakePark had made good on his word and I did so in a confrontational manner that I should not have.
                      That was none of my business, it was between him and stasman.
                      Yes, it was stated on a forum for everyone to see but it was still between them.
                      stasman is a better man than me and I should not have questioned if he didn't. stasman has shown himself to be a gentleman and a humble human being. Something I strive to be but fail miserably at.

This is a very enjoyably hobby and I am going to get back to enjoying it.

TwinsLakePark, I am sorry for offending you.

Comment

• stasman
                        • Dec 2011

Ok everyone. Relax... Go watch your favorite team play and win and enjoy your day.. I have no problems with anyone. It was all in fun. Of course I wouldn't accept money, I knew that was said in jest. Like my mom always said... If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all....... By the way. Go Blackhawks. )). High fives to all of the members. Now shake hands and play nice.

Comment

Working...