Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can the Forum member who purchased my 2003 Jorge Posada World Series bat please email me?

Back in 2006 a fellow forum member purchased my 2003 Jorge Posada game issued WS bat.

Can you please email me at metsbats86@aol.com

Thanks
    David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Can the Forum member who purchased my 2003 Jorge Posada World Series bat please email me?

bump
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Can the Forum member who purchased my 2003 Jorge Posada World Series bat please email me?

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Back in 2006 a fellow forum member purchased my 2003 Jorge Posada game issued WS bat.

Can you please email me at metsbats86@aol.com

Thanks
    David

Seven year itch?

I hope the buyer still have it.

I wish it was that.

I was contacted by a forum member who picked up a 2003 'game used' Jorge Posada world series bat. He saw the game issued 2003 Jorge Posada World Series bat I sold in 2007 and realized it was the same bat.

We are trying to track down the buyer who brought it as a game issued bat to determine how it became 'game used'.

Here are photos of the barrel of the 'game used' bat and the original game issued barrel. Not the two distinct markings on both.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=Jorge+posada

This may be the bat. It was questioned in 2007 and I even pointed out that the markings look similar to my game issued.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Do you have any current pics of this now "used" version? I'm curious to compare them to the issued and see how in what ways the bat was altered.

[ UOTE=mbenga28;352321]Do you have any current pics of this now "used" version? I'm curious to compare them to the issued and see how in what ways the bat was altered.[/QUOTE]t

The owner of the bat can post photos and add additional info.

Unfortunately i don't have the info on who brought it from me but know it was a member here.
    We are not accusing the buyer but want him to come forward so we can track where the bat was before it hit the auctions.
    metsbats86@aol.com

It actually had both the Posada tape style and gold ball marks/ink transfers added, so it was a big time piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    It actually had both the Posada tape style and gold ball marks/ink transfers added, so it was a big time piece of work.
    Yes the use was incredibly accurate down to the gold ball marks pine tar and tape.

If not for those distinct marks this would never have been uncovered.
    metsbats86@aol.com

I am the one who discovered this. Here are some pics. The bat had the correct tape job, stitch marks, gold WS ball marks, cleat marks, the tar was in the correct place for Posada. I have owned over 20 Posada bats. His bats are the one thing I do really feel like I know what I am looking at and it fooled me. By a stroke of luck I saw an old post from David showing that bat with zero use or tape. I instantly recognized those 2 little blemishes in the paint near the barrel branding. There is even the weight of the bat in silver paint pen on the barrel inside the MLB silhouette. Not sure if that was there when David had it though. Whoever did this really knew what they were doing and that is a bit scary. If anyone has any info on where this bat went after David had it, it would not only be greatly appreciated but also be doing us all a service to know who's work this is.
    Attached Images Attached Images