Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jeter retires after this season - how does it affects his gamers?

One thing for sure, it is NOT a good time to buy. If anything, it is a good time to sell - but when you do, dont look back and wonder what if.

Personally, I cant complaint about all the hard earned I put into the game used hobby. I am doing okay on Mariano's and I know I am going to be okay on the Jeter's also.

As for A-rod's - I am not dumping his stuff. Why? I am stubborn that way.

Your thought?

Re: Jeter retires after this season - how does it affects his gamers?

Our office got a ton of calls today asking what we have in the next auction
    I think the opening day auction for Jeter items, and especially the Babe ruth auction as Well as our October 2014 auction will mark high points for Jeter prices, and therefore a great time to consign.
    This is not a sales pitch, but it is based on my experience....if you ever want to sell, babe ruth auction and October auction are going to be the time to do so. Otherwise, wait five years for the hall of fame.
    Short term it will be a boom, but long term some may be disappointed he didn't go higher up the hit ladder
    Ken@goldinauctions.com

I agree with Ken. Jeter will spike this year in value. Any Jeter game used items will garner a premium. He will maintain value down the road but if you want return on your investment, this is the year to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Our office got a ton of calls today asking what we have in the next auction
    I think the opening day auction for Jeter items, and especially the Babe ruth auction as Well as our October 2014 auction will mark high points for Jeter prices, and therefore a great time to consign.
    This is not a sales pitch, but it is based on my experience....if you ever want to sell, babe ruth auction and October auction are going to be the time to do so. Otherwise, wait five years for the hall of fame.
    Short term it will be a boom, but long term some may be disappointed he didn't go higher up the hit ladder
    Ken@goldinauctions.com

I can always use "recycle's fund" for more gamers.

Let me sort out my "willing to let go" list, and I will email you.

One thing for sure, I do have duplicates for '09 bat (signed and unsigned), '11 cleats (signed), '09 and '10 jersey (both home and away - signed and unsigned) and 3000th game ready baseball (just have to find them among the Arod's 500th and 600th HR chase)

And maybe a dozen or so - original paintings that commemorative the special occasion (some were signed and some were not).

I guess the already over priced jeter 96 World Series bat in heritage will sell for even more now(currently at $70,000). Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    I agree with Ken. Jeter will spike this year in value. Any Jeter game used items will garner a premium. He will maintain value down the road but if you want return on your investment, this is the year to sell.
    I have to agree here. I think it will be "buy the rumor, sell the news." That said, in my humble opinion, his pending retirement coupled with the Ruth auction in July will be a perfect storm for any high end Jeter items.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    One thing for sure, it is NOT a good time to buy. If anything, it is a good time to sell - but when you do, dont look back and wonder what if.

Personally, I cant complaint about all the hard earned I put into the game used hobby. I am doing okay on Mariano's and I know I am going to be okay on the Jeter's also.

As for A-rod's - I am not dumping his stuff. Why? I am stubborn that way.

Your thought?
    Dump Arod's stuff this way. I'm interested!!!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~