Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WARNING - Tom Brady 'Game Issued' Super Bowl Jersey - eBay

Not that anyone here would be duped, but wanted to throw out a fair warning to all for a fake jersey and also a shady seller.

This Tom Brady 'game issued' Super Bowl jersey went up a few weeks ago on eBay. I immediately saw it (about 5 minutes after the listing started) and emailed the seller for better pictures. No reply. About a half hour went by and I did some research - the two patches looked authentic - what really got me was the SB patch and the fact that it looked real. I've never seen a real one. The jersey had open QB sleeves, shortened waist, size tags 11-48 Q, the fonts and numbers looked consistent with real Pats jerseys. All of those items are generally missed on people faking TB Jerseys. It also had a PSA sticker on it, but with the blurry pictures I couldn't make out the #, and the seller didn't list the # in the description. So with a PSA sticker and a true SB Patch I assumed this got sold through NFL Auctions and somehow it got past me. I hit 'Buy It Now' for full price because at $2k, I felt if it was a real TB SB issued jersey it was worth it - and told him I'd send funds as soon as he provided the PSA # and better pictures of the sleeve cuffs and waist band. I kind of knew where this was heading... because it seemed too good to be true.

Days after the auction ends I get this message:

"I did my research on the nfl sticker and it has nothing available so I just took the sticker off and relisted it"
    - gorays21

Unbelievable. Obviously he never got my money. And I was dead on in my assumption.

ORIGINAL LISTING:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Brady-Ga...item4acfbf581b

LATEST LISTING:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Brady-Ga...item4ad02e6dcf

The sleeve cuffs are inconsistent with the way Reebok cuffs their open sleeves, looks like a custom mom & pop job. And the Shortened waistband does not have the same stitching as TB's real jerseys.

So I'm not really sure where this jersey came from, but the fact that he took off the PSA sticker, took new pictures, and relisted are HUGE red flags. Also the jersey customizations look to be hack jobs vs. the work that's done on his real jerseys. I asked him a million pointed questions and he never answered one of them.

So this post is just a Public Service Announcement - stay away from this jersey. Unless some of the experts here can chime in and give some insight on this piece to back the seller's story.

Re: WARNING - Tom Brady 'Game Issued' Super Bowl Jersey - eBay

Thanks for the heads up. Those eBay links will not stay up forever so we need to save the original listings description and pictures. I will do that when I get home from work if someone has not done it sooner. Once again thanks

The first 3 pictures are the original listing.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The last 3 are the current listing as he used the back picture in both. Notice the PSA/DNA sticker was taken off in the 2nd listing as mentioned.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Awesome - thanks for doing that Phil.

No problem. You don't know how many times I have looked at an old post from a couple years ago with eBay links that are no longer active. We need to preserve this kinda stuff in my opinion. Great looking out for us Pats collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    No problem. You don't know how many times I have looked at an old post from a couple years ago with eBay links that are no longer active. We need to preserve this kinda stuff in my opinion. Great looking out for us Pats collectors.
    Great job.
    I have reported it to Ebay. I suggest anyone reading do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Great job.
    I have reported it to Ebay. I suggest anyone reading do the same.
    I reported it as we'll and left him neutral feedback, stating that the jersey is fishy. Hasn't stopped people from making offers. I should have left him a negative.

He sent my a nasty email because I left him bad feedback and didn't pay... So I really laid into him. Haven't received a response yet...

What's so horrifically wrong with this listing? He's not saying that it's "game worn"...and we have been debating on this site for years as to the true definition of "game issued". I don't think this jersey looks far off his gamer that sold for $40k

Name:  brady.jpg
Views: 2095
Size:  106.1 KB