Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What if he was a Yankee?

So is it possible that due to the fools running that team and over spending on free agents that it has caused some kind of trickle down affect to their fan base that causes them to over pay for Yankee stuff.
    At least their fans are smart enough not to over pay for those luxury box seats that are typically empty for most of their games.

You could say this same thing about a couple hundred guys.

What if Biggio, Bagwell, George Brett, Tony Gwynn, Jim Thome, Joe Mauer, Frank Thomas, Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr, Nap Lajoie, Greg Maddux, _______ had played 15+ years with the Yankees?

If they had played for the Yankees instead of the Astros, no way Bagwell and Biggio wouldn't be in the Hall right now. Then again if the Red Sox hadn't traded Bagwell, he would most likely be in the Hall (East Coast bias + he'd have hit dozens more HR in Fenway than the Astrodome).

If Bonds had been a Yankee, would the media and HOF voters have been as hard on him or would the steroid narrative be totally different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post

What if Biggio, Bagwell, George Brett, Tony Gwynn, Jim Thome, Joe Mauer, Frank Thomas, Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr, Nap Lajoie, Greg Maddux, _______ had played 15+ years with the Yankees?

If they had played for the Yankees instead of the Astros, no way Bagwell and Biggio wouldn't be in the Hall right now. Then again if the Red Sox hadn't traded Bagwell, he would most likely be in the Hall (East Coast bias + he'd have hit dozens more HR in Fenway than the Astrodome).

If Bonds had been a Yankee, would the media and HOF voters have been as hard on him or would the steroid narrative be totally different?

I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post

I whole heartedly agree.

I would say, the answer you are looking for will forthcoming in the next couple months.

I am not interest in Ellsbury's gamers, but I am going to dig deep for McCann (really like him as a player and how he always stood up for his teammates). Maybe Beltran stuff will takes off with the Yankees.

As for Tanaka's stuff, those will be untouchable.